misterp Posted June 21, 2005 Report Share Posted June 21, 2005 Well, I had a cat I referred to as The Damned Cat. I left home Saturday to drive to Galveston and pick-up my kids for the summer, we then went to New Braunfels for two days. The kids and I enjoyed ourselves, we had a good time and it's the first we have seen each other since Christmas. I get home tonight at 11:30pm and discover the cat face down in her litterbox panting fast and heavy - it looked bad; I got her out on a towell, cooled her ears and tried for 1/2-hour to make her drink water, finally she started stirring and I thought she was coming around, I got encouraged and then she grabbed me with a death grip coughed and died in my hands. I have left the cat alone on weekends countless times in the past, and the A/C was on, she had food and water and enough had been eaten to suggest she spent all day today deathly ill. Yes, I was attached to the cat, but the fact that she is gone is not what bothers me; all I can assume is that I *must* have left something out that poisoned her, or otherwise overlooked something that made her suffer an agonizing end, I would not wish that on anyone god I feel so horrible, she was completely fine when I left and in the house the whole time... she must have gotten into something but for the life of me I can't figure out what. Thank god the kids were already asleep and did not see this, they specifically asked about the cat on the way home (was our family pet back when we were family) and now I am going to have to tell them tomorrow why the cat is gone. ****. All over the damn cat. No replies necessary; just had to vent. Mr. P. Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.