outlaw cold air + volant scoop?

FuelSlut

i was just checking out tbyrne and looking at pics of the outlaw intake... it almost looks as if you could attach the scoop from the volant (for the ss) to the lower extension inlet of the outlaw intake.... anyone try this? or anyone see what im talking about?

good deal, i'm not getting rid of my volant for anything, but i just thought id throw the idea out there to anyone looking to get the outlaw... and possib. currently have the volant etc..

i was gonna direct that one toward you in the first place Dylan

(hint hint) Maybe Outlaw will produce a similar 'accessory'???  :D

I've run the idea past them, but last time I asked they were still not to hot on the idea because there wasn't enough of a market for it. Also they said there wasn't any gain in having the scoop HP wise and they're not into it to rip people off... gotta respect that IMO :thumbs:

In his case, I think a second device pulling air is a necessity. After watching that one Radix'd truck suck in the Volant lid by revving it at idle. I don't think that was the fault of the Volant.

In his case, I think a second device pulling air is a necessity.  After watching that one Radix'd truck suck in the Volant lid by revving it at idle.  I don't think that was the fault of the Volant.

With the size of the openings in the box I just don't see how an additional 3' of tube is going to help anything. In FI applications you might be right, but I don't think theres enough benefit to NA applications to justify the whole manufacturing of a part.

Heres a pic of the box to show the opening size:

DSC00434.jpg

• 3 months later...

The Outlaw intake is already a sealed cold air system. My theory: the scoop won't do much except blow debris into the air box and onto the filter. That's why Outlaw won't make a scoop for it. Do you guys with scoops notice a bulidup of dirt and grime on the scoop pipe side of the filter?

As similar example, we have all seen those so called "heat shield" filter systems like Ebay, aem, and k&N intakes get grimey on the top from sucking in hot engine compartment dust.

i do get a LITTLE debris inside my open air element....i have done the home depot ram air and love it..... dylan and i had the discussion before about the benefits of this, yes it is a open air element BUT you are drawing a cooler ambient air from outside the vehicle, instead of a warmer air inside the bay....... you will also notice your element will get soiled faster on the bottom side, so periodic checks should do good

Archived