LED line of fire

I am personally thinking of buying 2....one for under the tailgate, and one for under the tonneau....when I ordered mine, they forgot to add the light to the order, so I told them to just forget it...I would take care of it. Red LED's under the red tonneau might look pretty good....plus I could wire it up to shine in 2 intensities (running lights and brake lights)....

Just an idea!

I have one also, It is bright at night and if anybody does not see me hit my brakes they are blind :cool: Ck E-bay they are some times cheaper. If you do get one get the new style it fits better. Also make sure that it is sealed up good or else you will get water in it and it messes it all up. been there did that.

One thing I've noticed is that the Recon has about 32 large LEDs. Recon

The Altec has 60 smaller LEDs. Altec

I personally like the larger LEDs. Why buy one when you can get two! :smash:

Thanks Luke.  I will probably get it.  That is def the cheapest!

For all you guys that have these... how does it work with turn signals? Does it just flash? or do the led's light up in the direction that your turning? Thanks in advance. Chad

Not sure, but I did order mine yesterday. $72.00 w/ shipping. I think only half the bar flashes when you turn. It would be a bonus if the LEDs lit up in the direction of the turn. :smash:

I have one also, mine looks exactly like the pics Bob47 posted above. But I wired mine to be a 4th brake light only (no turn signals). In fact, someone pulled alongside me today and was asking me about it.

I stand by it's record - had it on for one year in Orlando traffic, and not rearended once! :P

Hope I didn't jinx myself now by saying that! :jester:

Archived