Mocking up SS bumper cover

bgdsub72

I just finished getting the rear bumper on, I am just waiting on the w/t grill I bought so I can get all 3 pieces painted at the same time. Hopefully It will be complete within a week or two.

ssbumper011.jpg

Are you going to put the rear cladding pieces on? I have been rollin around for about 3 months with the ss rear bumper on, and even though it's painted silver birch, it's in need of the cladding to tie it all in together.

I should take some pics. of my truck with the blue ss tailgate cap, black ss grill and black ss side cladding on. Then we would both be multi colored :jester:

first thing that is wrong with the bumper is It is missing the lower support pins (they are installed now but it was about an inch too far out from the bottom) and second thin it is the lack of cladding... I would like to get the cladding but there is no way in hell I am paying stealership prices. I think just the rear pices would look out of place so If I do it I will get everything, but I would have to modify the cladding to work on a crew cab, meaning I have to lengthen the cab bottom pice, mod the cab corner mount, and shorten an extra set of driver and pass door cladding to work on the rear doors. Plus I want to keep the fender flares, so I would have to modify those to work... So if I can get a deal of used cladding I am in to give it a try but there is no way in hell I am paying $1500 to the dealership for cladding...

I just dont see why your doing all that to a off road truck, because once you decide to take it off road your probley gonna end up scratching the hell out of that bumper. You might want to get one off the big crome protective bumpers.

It is more for looks than anything. I have taken my truck off road before and for the type of off roading I may do it will be fine. I have never scratched a bumper before on any of my old cars or trucks. I like the look of the SS but I wanted 4 functional doors...so why not combine the two? And besides it is differant than everybodys 2500 crewcab that is on the road....I guess it falls under the category "to each his own" ;)

how hard was it to install the factory fog lights into the ss cover?  did you have to buy different mounting brackets?

Had to trim about 3 inches off the air ducts, re drill the mounting holes on the factory fog lights to off set them to line up with the air ducts and then they just bolt right in. Took me a couple hours to get it right.

• 7 years later...

Archived