A queston I never thought I'd ask

Dylan06SS

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think the body to frame is off. after putting it straight the tires on both sides will have to stake out 1/4" on both side's.

That I can live with. 1/4" on both sides wouldn't be too bad and it least it'll be even... it just looks retarded how it is now.

sounds like you need to get blown

I try to everyday bro... every day.... :jester:

yeah Ryan keeps complaining to me about it

Does he tell you that every night while you guys cuddle in bed together? I really don't want to hear about your 'pillow talk' .... that stuff is private. :jester:

here is a simple solution to your tire rubbing problem...

AIR BAG IT!!!

some negitave camber will get that rim to tuck so no rubbing issues, and when it is tucked under the fender you wont even notice that it sticks out too far. :jester:

Well, at least it is an excuse to get bags :crazy:

some negitave camber will get that rim to tuck so no rubbing issues, and when it is tucked under the fender you wont even notice that it sticks out too far. :jester:

I've heard that because of the AWD in our trucks, we can only ride at around stock height. When the truck isn't moving, that's when it can lay out. That sucks, but what can you do??? :confused:

Buy a 2WD SSS! :thumbs:

Late- Alex

I've heard that because of the AWD in our trucks, we can only ride at around stock height. When the truck isn't moving, that's when it can lay out. That sucks, but what can you do??? :confused:

Buy a 2WD SSS! :thumbs:

Late- Alex

your correct it would put to much angle on the half shafts and they wouldnt take that much stress for long.

Talking to some of my contacts that are in the industery they say theres no way to bag AWD and keep it driveable. You'd constantly have to make sure it is near stock ride height when driving and even then the wear and tear would destroy the half shafts.

One guy I know mentioned a kit called a "body bag" :devil: that takes the cab and moves it up/down over the frame... it requires a body drop so it'll sit lower and he said he's only seen it done once and it didn't work that well. Its essentially a take off of the idea on some big rigs... the cab rides on bags that can be adjusted.

Seems a bit excessive to bag it that way... but it sounds kinda cool.

Trust me. I already thought about that... but it creates a future issue w/ tire rotation etc. Not a horrible idea, but if I have to half-assed fix a rim for my $40k truck then theres a serious problem IMO

That seems like the easiest fix IMHO unless the dealer fixes it which is doesn't sound like they will. As far as the rotation is concerned, it isn't that big of a deal to switch the tire to another rim because at the same time you could get them all balanced. I hear what your talking about though, the whole $40k truck band-aid bull$**t!

If the dealer won't fix it and you don't want to do the rim thing, it sounds like you should just go and see about a 2WD SSS or whatever you want. While you were at the dealer, did you ask what kind of deal you could get on something else?

Late- Alex

if you bagged it like that , wouldnt that mean everything in your car is moving , brake lines all kinds of wires and lines that probably shoudlnt be moving, that a crazy idea , i have never heard of that.

if you bagged it like that , wouldnt that mean everything in your car is moving , brake lines all kinds of wires and lines that probably shoudlnt be moving, that a crazy idea , i have never heard of that.

Thats the same thing I was thinking... probably the reason we don't see it done... too many complications on that side of things. Its a unique idea :dunno:

Probably have to put extensions on all the wiring and add some flexible junctions on any hardlines, parts, etc. Probably just as complicated as the standard bag system on an AWD truck.

ok i have read this and havn't seen any where on here about the torson bar key screws? have you measured both sides of the truck from ground to the top of the fender opening, to see if its even. check the screws that push on the keys, you can tighten them up and that should pull the top of the wheel in some but will also rase the suspenson some.

before you lowerd it was it there? if not the spindle might have changed it some. i can think of a few things but you might have already thought of them,

does the hub fit in the spindle good? Is the hub the same size that is on the passenger side in all dimensions?

I have ran across some remanufactured hubs on s10s to be different sizes than the factory, they still work the same and bolt up like normal but will stick out a little farther, but that shoudn't happen on a new truck. but thats a few things to check.

sounds like you need to get blown

I try to everyday bro... every day.... :jester:

yeah Ryan keeps complaining to me about it

Does he tell you that every night while you guys cuddle in bed together? I really don't want to hear about your 'pillow talk' .... that stuff is private. :jester:

you know there are just somethings that no one needs to know about and this is one of them :puke::puke::crackup:

but they do make a good couple

ok i have read this and havn't seen any where on here about the torson bar key screws?    have you measured both sides of the truck from ground to the top of the fender opening, to see if its even.      check the screws that push on the keys,  you can tighten them up and that should pull the top of the wheel in some but will also rase the suspenson some. 

before you lowerd it was it there?  if not the spindle might have changed it some.  i can think of a few things but you might have already thought of them, 

does the hub fit in the spindle good?  Is the hub the same size that is on the passenger side in all dimensions? 

I have ran across some remanufactured hubs on s10s to be different sizes than the factory,  they still work the same and bolt up like normal but will stick out a little farther, but that shoudn't happen on a new truck.  but thats a few things to check.

The hubs I have measured and they're even.

Now the torsion bar key screws is something I didn't think to look at... but I don't understand how that would effect one side sticking out like this. The fenders from the ground up are almost exact... within approx 1/8 of an inch as far as I can tell.

If the problem was there before the drop I probably didn't notice. The gap from tire to fender was far enough that I don't think it'd be noticable. :dunno:

yeah I have seen from the factory that one side is 1/2" higher than the other, usually is the driver side. Reason being is when some one is in the drivers seat the weight of the passenger will even it back out.

that amout isn't very noticeable at all. the only reason i know is because on 4wd's i would always do the quick lift for many people and tighten the torson bars as far as they would go but i would measure before i start so i know how much lift i would get out of it. and i never came across one that was even.

and something else to add, chevrolet has been known for the front tires sticking out of the front fenders a little where the back dont

Archived