Why all the problems??

prtofcali

Why do most people in here have some sort of problem with there truck?? I purchased a 2005 and Im hoping that the problems were addressed in this years and that the 2003-2004 was the year that they had to work out all the kinks. Of course the tranny is a big issue but why? Is everyone getting on them to hard, too many mods to the tranny, I cant see why you all have the problems. I am very picky about all the noises that I hear as well but everyone has me a little worried that I am due for a problem. :tear:

The truck was bulletproof for 22k miles... its when I started modding that issues started to appear. The trans is weak, but if you're gonna leave the truck relatively stock you should be fine.

Also remember... people in general complain. You're not going to see too many posts that say:

"my truck is running great! just thought I'd let everyone know :thumbs: "

For every person that posts a problem theres 100 members who don't have any issues at all.

Also remember... people in general complain. You're not going to see too many posts that say:

"my truck is running great! just thought I'd let everyone know  :thumbs: "

For every person that posts a problem theres 100 members who don't have any issues at all.

lol...My truck is runnin great.... :D ....just thought I would let you know :chevy:

im lightly modded, intake exhaust and pcmforless, with all the problems eveyone is having i might leave all well alone, just put on my hood and grille and call it quits :banghead: i wanted headers but im worried now turning 30,000 miles soon

You are not going to find posts with people praising there truck,,,, because they expect it to work on a day to day basis.. People come here for help when things don't go the way you expect them to go. Everyone on here offers some knowlege that will give a solution to the problem... If there is no problem... we are out driving and not posting on here!!!

I have 25k miles... every issue i have had is modification related. I kinda asked for it when I started into it.. I kissed my warranty good by and said that I would wing it and pay for the consequences.... :crazy:

So really..... the truck is awesome.. if you modify it.. be ready to deal with the consequences of doing so!

"my truck is running great! just thought I'd let everyone know :thumbs::)

4 real :)

And even though Id love for it to be a 700hp monster, the probs you guyz seem to have after modding are scaring me away a little. I doubt I will do any more than shocks, sway bars, intake and exhaust...cause my truck is my office---if it is down, so is my paycheck.

However my billett grille is going on tomorrow :)

The stock parts of my truck are all running great. They've all moved on to other peoples trucks except the MAF, pushrods, rockers, and injecters which are all comfortable running around in the garage :)

Trust me -- everytime I get discouraged with the 600awhp monster, one quick drive eliminates the problem :)

I've never really had any problems with mine, and mine is stock. I had the steering shaft go when it only had 900 miles, but that is normal with these trucks. I have never had any problems with noises like I've seen others on this site have, and I have never had anything brake or blow up on me. I've been very happy with my SS. :chevy: Not sure if it matters but I dont really have that many miles on mine either.

Archived