CD Player that works with OnStar,XM,BOSE.....

one question though why an integrated tuner a must? running out of room under the console or behind dash?

cause i have remote start setup, gmrc-01 harness, wires for EQ and headunit and rcas to amps all behind the dash...should be able to slip it between dash and console just on the firewall side of the sub "port"

the tuner box is about the size of 2 or 3 packs of smokes

and since dash is double din you shouldn't have a problem getting tuner behind dash if you aren't running another din size box there

I'll stop rambling now

• 1 month later...
Sorry this is off-topic, but WidowKiss what kinda wheels do you have? They look real sharp.

took me three months of looking online and at vehicle mags to find something different....I'd rather not say other then they are 22"

wheel pic 1

wheel pic 2

wheel pic 3

• 3 weeks later...
ask for pieces and ye shall receive

ONSTAR piece

and since you have onstar and want to retain it's use instead of the VT-GMRC-01 piece you need this one

another PAC

as for steering controls

SWI-X

yeah i know this is a no name store but a few of us live close to it's location and those bookmarks I had

almost forgot to mention the XM...most aftermarket HU have to have an external tuner but you can use same antenna nice thing though if you decide you want sirius then you can still use same antenna

I have a couple questions on these few pieces.

1. When getting the onstar piece, i see that there is two kinds, one for bose one without, i have bose, now does this piece allow all the sound to go through the bose system just like stock?

2. It mentions a re-flash of the bcm to get this piece to work with the onstar, i believe that is what im reading on the fine print on the site. Am i reading this right or am i wrong?

sorry to steal this topic d_a_n, but im pretty much in the same position as you.

Thanks

ask for pieces and ye shall receive

ONSTAR piece

and since you have onstar and want to retain it's use instead of the VT-GMRC-01 piece you need this one

another PAC

as for steering controls

SWI-X

yeah i know this is a no name store but a few of us live close to it's location and those bookmarks I had

almost forgot to mention the XM...most aftermarket HU have to have an external tuner but you can use same antenna nice thing though if you decide you want sirius then you can still use same antenna

I have a couple questions on these few pieces.

1. When getting the onstar piece, i see that there is two kinds, one for bose one without, i have bose, now does this piece allow all the sound to go through the bose system just like stock?

2. It mentions a re-flash of the bcm to get this piece to work with the onstar, i believe that is what im reading on the fine print on the site. Am i reading this right or am i wrong?

sorry to steal this topic d_a_n, but im pretty much in the same position as you.

Thanks

1. yes just like stock

2. and you are reading it right...need to flash the bcm

• 1 year later...
You will not find an aftermarket piece that works the onstar for you..

The XM antenna you can use and the steeringwheel controls you can use with add on kits to most decks.  But Onstar will be lost!

I got the Alpine IVA W200

im able to use my steering wheel contols still and my onstar also still works

its got ipod cable which displays the ipod display on the screen

xm radio works

dvd player

got everything

$1100.00

Hey SuperSport i like that Alpine unit you got.

How much did it cost to have it installed? Also, do you have video bypass? I have been looking at the Valor DTS-660WT for quite some time but i cant decide what i want to do?!? Any help?

The Valor system is on Ebay right now for about $750 shipped. It comes with everything, XM cable, Ipod cable, Bluetooth.

Heres a link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...95194&rd=1&rd=1

Archived