Chevy Dealer damaged the SS

PurdueGradDWT

6,000 mile service is just tire rotation, 21 pt inspection, oil change. Definitely stuff I can do, but I just assume have the Tech's do it.

Yeah, I've seen the other posts about the window issue. I definitely plan to persist about it. he tried to say "maybe it was just a windy day." I was thinkin to myself :icon_bs: .

The dentS aren't that bad. Both about the size of a baseball one on the top of the rail, one on the side where it is sort of flat. It doesn't look like it'll be that hard to fix, I'd consider doing it myself, but they claim to work with a good body shop. It gives me a good reason to purchase a lid sooner than I planned to. It almost looks as if one could push the dents out with their hands, but I don't wanna attempt that. Theres even a chance I'll have it back before the weekend :flag: .

Definitely making a special note every time I bring it in to have them NOT wash it.

Thats definitely a phone call I never want to get at work again. Had me pretty worked up. Thanks for the thoughts. :thumbs:

window leaks are common. There has been a bulletin available to the dealership for quite some time. It involves replacing the wing window with the proper size glass. Apparently some glass was not tall enough. I work for a dealershipo. I will try to post the bulletin #. take the # to your dealer and make them replace the glass. If it's out of warranty...bitch like hell. this has been an ongoing concern. they will eventually fix it if your persistant.

SS Stazz

so yes it is true, they can fix it, also they messed your truck, damn if you should let them put you in a malibu, at least get an impala or a trailblazer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I specifically tell them everythime not to wash my truck. I had an issue with them one time where they left a door ding in my driverside door. When I picked it up, I noticed it and called the service guy over to look at it. The service guy argued with me. He was flat out rude with me saying that it was always there and they "almost never have any complaints about this sort of thing" :mad: I told them that they were going to fix it, or I would be talking to who ever was in charge. After about 10 min. of talking to this guy, he said they would fix it for me. I was so mad. Especially the fact of him arguing with me about it. I called the dealership the next day and filled a complaint with the service guy, and now specifically request not to have him work on my truck. Luckily the ding was able to be poped out and there was no paint damage. Now, I take a walk around my truck with the service guy and point out that my truck dosn't have a single scratch or ding in it before they take it. And then when I come to pick it up, I walk around with the same service guy and check over it to make sure it is returned the same way.

I guess accidents do happen, so you can not get to mad about it. I could understand if the service guy or dealer were jerking around with you, but if they are being nice and will take care of things, then it is not worth getting yourself all worked up over it.

I just picked up my zr2 blazer from the dealer yesterday after getting the back end fixed (someone hit me), and I had a good experience. The only problem I ran into was when I picked up my car last night they called a sales person over to me to have me look into buying a new car or truck, which burned me up. They sure are hurting to sell cars now.

Oh I forgot, I have never had a dealer wash my cars or trucks when be serviced there, do most dealers do this?

I guess accidents do happen, so you can not get to mad about it.  I could understand if the service guy or dealer were jerking around with you, but if they are being nice and will take care of things, then it is not worth getting yourself all worked up over it.

Oh I forgot, I have never had a dealer wash my cars or trucks when be serviced there, do most dealers do this?

True. They seem like they were being real up front about it. I was awfully worked up yesterday. The location of the dents were seemed a little fishy to me, but it looked easily fixable, so I'm not going to worry about it anymore. He said its documented b/c they (the service dept. of the dealer) have to pay out on it, so if theres ever any probs with the paint in that area, all hell will break loose. :devil: I'm over it, just like I said though its a phone call I never wanna get at work ever again.

My Chevy Dealer offered to wash it for me and it had some bugs on the front end, etc. so I thought why not? And the rest is all history. From now on either I'm washing it myself or taking it to the detail shop where I watch my truck every step of the way. Also, any time I bring the SS to the dealer there'll be a walk around inspection when I drop it off and pick it up. The End :cheers:

i recently had my cowl hood repainted by the dealer . i got it back from them and i saw a nice scrape of paint gone, and i started looking a little better and found an even bigger spot that someone tried to use touch up paint on .the crazy thing is now that i think about it i remeber i white susbtance almost like birdo caca. I got it back and i must say the paint looks like $hit.It looks like they didnt even sane the old paint off. where there were little dings i can see the paint sinking in them. there are all kinds of crappy spots that werent buffed correctly there is rubbing compound everywhere. i have about had it with the local chevy.

I've used the same bodyshop for 20+ years...

Same owner/bodymen/painters etc...

Nobody sprays paint on my sheetmetal but them.

And they know me well. :uhoh:

It's good the dealer is not hassling you on fixing it, but I would be standing over it while it's being done.

WW :cool:

Before you let them paint it why don't you try paintless dent removal. They could easily get those dents out without painting. I'm amazed every time I get my truck back from them. If the paint is not broken don't let them reshoot it unless it's absolutely necessary.

On a side note, I would never let my dealer wash my truck and it's sad when you have to walk around your truck before and after you pick it up from the dealer. I would find a different one.

00z71sierra

Why don't you like automatic car washes?

I never take my truck thru an automatic car wash or any of my vehicles thru one. I've seen to many cars damaged and trucks are to big for some. I have taken it thru the touch free carwasheswhen its just alittle dirty, touch free does not have any brushes and uses high pressures water and works pretty good.

Archived