Tonneau cover

fresca1919

I'm still looking for the perfect tonneau.  Any suggestions?

My Extang RT must have been built on a Friday afternoon... I've got all kinds of problems with it.  It curls up at each end (by the back of the cab and by the tailgate), the tailgate weatherstrip has shrunk big-time (so it leaks), and the tarp itself has a bunch of really small holes in it - if you crawl under it on a sunny day, you see a million pinholes of daylight.  And those one-size-fits-all mounting brackets were a pain; they don't fit Silverados very well.  :dunno:  There's a pic of it all curled up in My Garage... these days it's a lot worse than in the pic.

I do like the way it rolls up, and the fact that it's low profile - but that's about all I like about mine.

The Esxtang RT has an awesome warranty on all parts... that was my deciding factor. They will replace the cover, weatherstripping, etc.... get hold of em and get a new one if there are holes... just a suggestion. :chevy:

Just put a hard cover on mine but had the Extang RT and loved it. I also had the tarp replaced by Extang, no questions asked. The velcro it the weak point I think on these tops but the Extang cust service is awesome and I would reccommend the product for the cust service alone. My RT that I took off is for sale if anyone is interested. I have it posted in the for sale forum.

I'm still looking for the perfect tonneau.  Any suggestions?

My Extang RT must have been built on a Friday afternoon... I've got all kinds of problems with it.  It curls up at each end (by the back of the cab and by the tailgate), the tailgate weatherstrip has shrunk big-time (so it leaks), and the tarp itself has a bunch of really small holes in it - if you crawl under it on a sunny day, you see a million pinholes of daylight.  And those one-size-fits-all mounting brackets were a pain; they don't fit Silverados very well.  :dunno:  There's a pic of it all curled up in My Garage... these days it's a lot worse than in the pic.

I do like the way it rolls up, and the fact that it's low profile - but that's about all I like about mine.

The Esxtang RT has an awesome warranty on all parts... that was my deciding factor. They will replace the cover, weatherstripping, etc.... get hold of em and get a new one if there are holes... just a suggestion. :chevy:

Hey XGMTech, call them up and tell them about your problems, I'm sure they will make them right. I called about the latch and weather strip on the back tailgate, and two days latter I had new parts. I may call here soon to see about getting a new tarp. I dont know about all the holes, I use a cleaner that keeps it from drying out, mine still looks like new.

Archived