trail blazer converter

well i finally go tthe tb tc in today , great deal too my buddy put it in for 100 bucks( i paid 325 45 all together with the core charge) i like how it keepts the rpm's slightly higher and has more response but are the tranny temps supposed to get higher? ,i was on the freeway o my way home from work and it got pretty hot around 190. i was just wondering what are the normal things a tranny will do with an after market tc. Thanks.

it'll do that... try swapping out your t-stat (if you havnt already), and possib. e-fans (if you havnt already) after i installed the tblazer converter i saw the same temps i was thinking of upgrading the trans cooler etc. but... then i swapped the t-stat and fans... never seen those temps again.... enjoy your converter!!!!

well , i do have 05 fans, 160 stat , b&m trans cooler, zippy shift, and now the tc, so im guessing its the cali heat that i cant escape.only thing i could think of was to get a bigger tranny cooler with an e-fan on it, do they make any trans cooler with built in fans or is there a small fan i can put on my 9x11 cooler?

Its gotta be the Cali heat chase. I ordered mine from zippy and it should be here soon, looks like I'll be picking up a bigger trans cooler while I'm at it. If you do find anything better than your current one let me know... something w/ a fan would be awesome. :thumbs:

its pretty nice off the line, i cant tell what feels faster . punching it , or stalling it, i can get the stall to just about 3 grand with the brakes, but i could also get the stock one a hair over 2K with the brakes, i like it alot definatley a good mod, thanks for link zippy .Do you think that that tranny cooler would be worth upgrading over the b&m i have now?(i have the 9x11) and that one says the fan turns on at 175. which isnt bad but i wish it was adjustable.where i have the cooler now, it gets decent venitilation with the 05 fans .

i would say at this point you're ok. i do highly recomend the trans coolers with a fan on them for guys in places with temperatures like yours. 190 isn't much to worry about though. it's not ideal, but not overheating either.

well after driving around today(100 degree weather) my tranny got up to about 210 and the engine about 200, so i thought that was a bit high, so i pop the hood and one of my e -fans isnt coming on, and i checked th e plugs and it turned on the other fan so its got to be in the harness somewhere,

Tranny cooler FWIW - I am very happy with the TruCool Max ($150 JAG Performance); it also includes a thermostat to get the trans up to temp quickly and prevent it from running too cold. Also available is a TruCool Max without the thermostat (will be cheaper). Drove from Galveston to San Antonio in 100+ afternoon heat and even though the engine was at 205 the trans temp never got above 180. Goofing-off around town have never gotten the trans higher than 185-190.

Mr. P. :)

well i went to dealer and they didnt have time today. but the crazy thing is the ses light went off . i cleared them once they came back on and now its off again.:wtf:

Archived