Srt-10 QC kill

ChevySSandChevy8.1

Today on the way back from lunch with a buddy, we were stopped at a long light just minding out own buisness. A yellow SRT-10 ram quad cab pulls up beside me and starts gunning his engine. I open the window, and he yells, " those SS are slow!, you should have bought a real mans truck." I just laughed it off, the guy was quite a large fellow, his belly was huge between him and steering wheel. The light turns green and we both punch it, I immediately gained 2-3 truck lengths on him and seem to grab a steady lead. Keep in mind it has been raining for the past 4 hours. The awd hooks up well and I had a pretty decent lead on him and shut down around 80-90 and waited at the next light. I yelled over to him, "that thing got a hemi?" He yelled "you sprayed!" I said I am stock except for a CAI." He wanted me to prove it so we went to a gas station and showed him everything under the hood. He obviously doesn't know about awd. He was a complete dick and kept up his your truck is crap attitude. Before leaving I told him to lose some weight to help his times. He flipped me the bird and we departed. This officially has to be the dumbest truck owner I have met period.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's great!! Good kill.. I love AWD!!! :thumbs:

Now with that said.. I'll give it 4 more posts before one of the Dodge guys chimes in with, "yeah well, if it wasn't raining, you would've gotten your ASS handed to you!!!!" :crackup::jester:

Hey don't get me wrong, I like the looks of the SRT's.. And the performance... They're non AWD, and too pricey, which in turn makes them impractical for some.. Me included..

I just think it's funny when either side gets their panties all in a wad because their truck got beat, and will defend til the end that it must have been BS or whatever..

So, lets see, I'll give it 2 more posts on top of this one before someone picks apart THIS post...

Sorry to jack your thread ChevySSandChevy8.1... Not intentional.

Well I am not going to pick it apart ! :driving: Cuz I have aslo bet a SRT10 in the rain, and one on a dirt road. I am sure I woulda gotten my a$$ beat, if it would not have been raining or if I would not have had 2 motorcycles in the back of my truck :D

So i saw good kill, do it again. :driving:

:cool: sweet . a-holes like that deserve to get their @ss handed to them lol. No matter what they drive there are a ton of them out there. I personally like the SRT-10, but lack of AWD, inflated price and 8-12 mpg stops me from getting one. Great looking truck but 2WD is useless in a real mans truck IMO. If I wanted a 500 HP 2WD, I would get a vette 2006 Z06. The SS is a real truck IMO. Great Kill :cheers:

that's great!!  Good kill.. I love AWD!!!  :thumbs:

Now with that said..  I'll give it 4 more posts before one of the Dodge guys chimes in with, "yeah well, if it wasn't raining, you would've gotten your ASS handed to you!!!!"  :crackup:  :jester:

Paraphrased quote from Manfred von Richthofen (Red Baron): 'a kill is a kill; the circumstances are just the superflous details', or something along those lines!

Mr. P. :)

Archived