Water spots on windows

• 2 months later...
There are a lot of tiny water spots on all of my windows and I just want to know if there is any way to get them off.

Assuming it is mineral deposits (from hard water) - vineagar will re-dissolve the mineral spots allowing them to be wiped away. Dampen washrag in vinegar and liberally wet window; after 90-secs use newsprint with vinegar to clean. This also works to remove mineral spots from paint.

Mr. P. :)

try griots garage1-800-345-5789 for there glass polish works great

I have tried clay bars, 000 (won't do that again) and 0000 steel wool, Meguires/Mothers rim polish (works well on dead paint), comet(abrasive houshold cleaners) and $30 glass polish from Eastwood. Don't laugh but the easiest way I have found to remove water spots on glass is Wink's toilet bowl cleaner in a brown bottle. Wally World usually has it in the cleanin/mop isle.

Use gloves when applying and avoid contact with the paint. A professional body man/detailer for concours(sp) cars told me this and I thought he was full of bs. I had purchased a truck that had sat under an oak tree for 7 years and had awful water/acid etching. After all the others, this cut it the fastest and completely renewed the glass.

Wish I seen this sooner. I tried using a clay bar on my back window on sunday to get some paint overspray off that the body shop left behind and its a little better but I can still fell that sand feeling on the glass. I also still feel that sand feeling on the tailgate. Anyone have other suggestions to take paint overspray off painted surfeces other then claybar?

just use BON-AMI, its the best, i spent i think $40-$50 on crap to clean my windows and nothing worked until the BON AMI stuff was used, and what pissed me off the most was it is 99 cents at the super market. Some people complained that it cleaned the windows to much and you could see the microscopic rock chips at some angles

Archived