Sway Bar GP from Frederico Performance/Racing

SSmokybear

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I talked to Tom today because I had a few questions concerning a few things. He told me the schedule date of Aug 15 is still a go unless any unforseen problems occur. He also told me testing is done and they're into the production phase.

Just in case anyone wanted to know.

Late- Alex

Hey Guys!!!

Just got back from Pocono and racing the Impala. Good news is the crew from GM High-tech Mag shot the car for 3 hours but doesn't promise anything. Sure let us just waste 500 pictures on a shoot that we will not use. :D

Bad news is the Duramax dropped a tranny and we blew up the Impala a week after the event while cruising the lake in Rochester at 25 mph. go figure. :mad:

Anyway, update on the bars and more info for you all. Final fit was done and everything that needed correcting was corrected. Wes has his set on the way as a third party input on the performance and installation. :jester: More from him this week after he get his installed.

Info:

I have spoken to a lot of you in regards to the installation of the rear bar and your concerns over whether the fuel tank needed to be moved or loosen to get the rear bar installed. The answer is a definite NO!

Here are more R&D photos of the rear bar installed.

If anyone has any more questions or wants to place their order is welcome to contact me anytime at 858-883-2655 :cool:

Tom Frederico

[email protected]

8199%20Adjustable%20Arm%20003.jpg

8199%20Adjustable%20Arm%20004.jpg

8199%20Adjustable%20Arm%20005.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well everybody I just got the sway bars from Tom all installed and a little bit of test driving with them in. The install went rather smothly concidering mine were the test set and all. The front is a LOT heavyer then the stock one, and the fact of having a rear makes a lot of diff in the hole body roll. I had a R/T that I had put a set of other sway bars on, and these Sway bars from Tom went on a lot easyer and made a lot more diff in the driving and handeling. I also have a set of air ride air bags installed on the SS, the sway bars cleared them with no problem. Plenty of room with the stock tail pipe. I am not sure about the set up of a dual's with exits on each side, should fit. The spare tire is still able to be kept with plenty of room. Over all a big :thumbs: to Tom for the great poduct.

I have a lot of pics if some one would like to see some, or to host them to post them on hear.

Here are just 8 of the 70+ pictures Wes sent me from his installation of the new sway bars.

A couple of answers to some of your questions about the installation have been answered.

No modifications to the fuel tank nor do you have to do anything to the fuel system to get these bars installed.

There is no interference by the air bag system that Wes has installed in his SS.

We need at least 10 more people to complete the GP. The bars are ready to ship as of tomorrow but can not ship until the GP is completed.

If you have any questions about the bars or are now ready to place your order please call me at 858-883-2655.

Tom Frederico

SilveradoSS%2001.JPG

SilveradoSS%2002.JPG

SilveradoSS%2003.JPG

SilveradoSS%2004.JPG

SilveradoSS%2005.JPG

SilveradoSS%2006.JPG

SilveradoSS%2007.JPG

SilveradoSS%2008.JPG

OK, wait a minute, are you saying all the people who paid up already like me aren't getting their orders until you get 10 more? How long are you going to wait for the other 10 orders? I've been paid up and waiting since 7-13-05.

Late- Alex

Archived