transmission problems

i was told from joe that the dealer would just replace my transmission, because gm wouldnt allow them to rebuild it , but they did try and rebuild it. and it still slips under load, the service manager told me that it is not a race truck, but a street truck and i should drive it easier and if i see the trans temperature getting hot i should pull over and let it cool down and then drive more. they said it was out of there hands and that i should bring it back after it breaks again, i called chevy and they scheduled another appointment with the same dealer and will contact me again on monday. i guess we'll see what happens next

it doesn't matter if it's a race truck or street truck. you didn't pay that much for a truck that you can't go wide open with. :smash:

i'd tell that service manager to shove his opinion up his *** and fix your truck right.

Find a new dealer! I had ford try and tell me that same line of crap once when I had some trans problems with an 01 f-150 I had and they told me I was driving it too hard! LOL isn't that why the PCM has fail safes programmed in???

Archived