You decide!

Jonmalibuss

This thread seems to have turned into a McGaughy's VS. Belltech battle of the spindles. Bottom line is I am very, very satisfied with the product I got from McGaughy's and would recommend them to anyone as well as purchase a drop from them again. :thumbs: Mine didn't come in the mail looking like yours Jon, but that was totally the fault of the shipper. I do understand what you said about the box though. I actually still have the packing material as well as the box with my stock spindles in them. I'm also willing to bet that most people who install the McGaughy's kit or have it installed will not be taking it off for any reason like you did where you encountered that problem with the stud coming out. I know I'm not uninstalling mine!

Hey Dylan, didn't you uninstall yours a few times? Did you have the problem with the stud coming out also?

It just sounds like your bashing McGaughy's product, that may be why people are jumping on you. Especially since you had this kit on your old SSS right? I understand there will always be better products, but McGaughy's was THEE only company making these spindles/drop kits for our trucks at the time and we have had zero issues with the spindles, a quality product. They also have great customer service! For that they have gained alot of respect from me and I will be a returning customer! :thumbs:

Late- Alex

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When Belltech made spindles for '99 and prior trucks, they pushed the vehicle's wheels out over an inch past where they were supposed to be.  Go to FullSizeChevy.com and do a search, you will see that the general consensus is that the Belltech spindles were junk.

Does that mean that this new product is junk?  Absolutely not.  It may be fine.  If it is, then that means that they took a little more time with R&D this time.  Does that mean that they are better than the McGaughys product?  I don't see how, especially by comparing how a shipper handles a box.  I don't get the reasoning there. :sigh:

I just found it funny that both sets of spindles I got from Mcgaughys the boxes were smashed to no end I was not actually comparing product inside the boxes at that point. With Belltech's old style spindles I don't know much about them for your average drop I used to install them on trucks that I was bagging and laying frame. When the truck gets that low the suspention actually pulls the wheels in and you couldn't tell that they may have sat a bit wider. Actually if I was to bag my truck or any GM fullsize I would try my hardest to get a set of their old spindles because the setup was perfect for that use.

This thread seems to have turned into a McGaughy's VS. Belltech battle of the spindles. Bottom line is I am very, very satisfied with the product I got from McGaughy's and would recommend them to anyone as well as purchase a drop from them again.  :thumbs:  Mine didn't come in the mail looking like yours Jon, but that was totally the fault of the shipper. I do understand what you said about the box though. I actually still have the packing material as well as the box with my stock spindles in them. I'm also willing to bet that most people who install the McGaughy's kit or have it installed will not be taking it off for any reason like you did where you encountered that problem with the stud coming out. I know I'm not uninstalling mine!

Hey Dylan, didn't you uninstall yours a few times? Did you have the problem with the stud coming out also?

It just sounds like your bashing McGaughy's product, that may be why people are jumping on you. Especially since you had this kit on your old SSS right? I understand there will always be better products, but McGaughy's was THEE only company making these spindles/drop kits for our trucks at the time and we have had zero issues with the spindles, a quality product. They also have great customer service! For that they have gained alot of respect from me and I will be a returning customer!  :thumbs:

Late-  Alex

I am NOT bashing anyones product I am simply pointing out facts and showing a new product that is soon to be on the market. I did not have McGaughys spindles on my old SS I had Belltech keys and shackles for a 2/2 drop. I do also agree with you McGaughys does have great customer service. I called them as soon as I could when I had an issue with my first set of spindles from them and told them what the problem was they told me they would call me back ASAP when they figured out what they were gonna do. Well I never got my call returned but within two days I had a "one off" set sitting at my door to try again. The second set fit but I was not satisfied with the way the caliper bracket fit and instead of just making the spindle to the correct specs they told me they did this so the stainless brake kit would still fit the spindles I had. I didn't understand why they did that without asking me if I would possibly be running those brakes (because I have no intention of that). But either way I was very happy at the time that I had a set of spindles I could use to get my truck off the bumpstops in the front because I had already dropped the rear. I have contacts with both BellTech and McGaughy and after seeing BellTechs product and comparing "facts" and seeing how concerened BellTech was to help me out and that they have the same customer service quality I decided to go with BellTech. I am not trying to sell either product or change anyones opinion of either company. Infact I have no clue what these spindles will even sell for once released.

Hey fellas.. got a price for the spindle from bell tech.. Styling Concepts has them in stock and they are 259.99 . Bell tech also offers a complete kit that is a 2/2 drop, but that has the torsion keys in the kit. I am currently trying to find out if they have or might be coming out with a 2 front and 3 1/2 rear kit to match McGaughys. Being that I need the extra 1 1/2 inch in the rear to level it out. If worse comes to worse I will just buy the spindles from bell tech and the rear kit from Mcgaughys.

Hey fellas.. got a price for the spindle from bell tech..  Styling Concepts has them in stock and they are 259.99 .  Bell tech also offers a complete kit that is a 2/2 drop, but that has the torsion keys in the kit. I am currently trying to find out if they have or might be coming out with a 2 front and 3 1/2 rear kit to match McGaughys.  Being that I need the extra 1 1/2 inch in the rear to level it out.  If worse comes to worse I will just buy the spindles from bell tech and the rear kit from Mcgaughys.

Call them up and ask them! I don't know for sure if they have hangers or not.

1-800-445-3767

EDIT: You will probably get a better price through them if they sell direct.

I am currently trying to find out if they have or might be coming out with a 2 front and 3 1/2 rear kit to match McGaughys. Being that I need the extra 1 1/2 inch in the rear to level it out. If worse comes to worse I will just buy the spindles from bell tech and the rear kit from Mcgaughys.

I just ordered my belltech kit today. I ordered front spindles and rear shakles. The rear shakles were 2 inch do you think this will make my truck unlevel looking? I noticed McGaughys came as a 2/4 drop...did I order the wrong rear shakle?

I am currently trying to find out if they have or might be coming out with a 2 front and 3 1/2 rear kit to match McGaughys. Being that I need the extra 1 1/2 inch in the rear to level it out. If worse comes to worse I will just buy the spindles from bell tech and the rear kit from Mcgaughys.

I just ordered my belltech kit today. I ordered front spindles and rear shakles. The rear shakles were 2 inch do you think this will make my truck unlevel looking? I noticed McGaughys came as a 2/4 drop...did I order the wrong rear shakle?

It will not look "unlevel" it will just maintain the factory rake that the truck has currently just 2" lower this is how I had my SS only I used the keys instead of the spindles. If your 2wd you can also use keys with the spindles and get a set of hangers to get a 4/4 drop which is how my VHO is set up now.

• 2 months later...

I just installed my McGaughys deluxe drop kit a few days ago and am very happy with it. I have no rubing issues, it was very easy to install, the price was very resonable, and the box did not look anything like that one. I am ordering one of there other drop kits for my girlfriends 95' silverado next week. :thumbs:

Archived