Vinyl back seat. WTF!

Hemikiller

yep, extended cabs have pleather rear seats. They are vynil, you can double check it if you like but it is not the same as the front seats. Crewcabs on the other hand have leather seating surfaces both front and rear :cool: but the same simulated leather for the sides and back of the seats.

There is a noticable differance in the quality of the leather between escalades and denali's, I have escalade headrests in my truck and they feel 10 times softer than the leather on my seats.

img001.jpg

and my back seat is covered with the same material my front seats are covered with

img002.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HUGE topic on this back in 03.

YES ..its "high grade vinyl"

It is actually alot more durable than leather. I almost flipped out when I noticed it on my truck!

As for you people that say YOU have a leather back seat. Look again ! I would bet you your fooled too !

It still bugs me that they pull $hit like this.

Thats just like when you buy a leather sofa. The say in small print, the seating areas are leather. Thats only where your body touches. The rest is fake. Unless of course you go buy a $2,000 love seat or something. Everybody cuts corners...fact of life.

But the next time I purchase a car/truck...I will be looking at this leather seat thing alot closer.

I'll admit I have no clue how to really tell the difference between leather, pleather, vinyl, etc, but I am sure the rear seat in mine feels the same as the fronts... Very soft and supple..

I've actually sat back there on several occasions when being carted home after a night of... um... sipping on a few adult beverages.. :devil:

yep, extended cabs have pleather rear seats.  They are vynil, you can double check it if you like but it is not the same as the front seats.  Crewcabs on the other hand have leather seating surfaces both front and rear :cool: but the same simulated leather for the sides and back of the seats. 

There is a noticable differance in the quality of the leather between escalades and denali's,  I have escalade headrests in my truck and they feel 10 times softer than the leather on my seats.

img001.jpg

and my back seat is covered with the same material my front seats are covered with

img002.jpg

My '05 GMC CC has vinyl on the back and leather on the front.

I'll admit I have no clue how to really tell the difference between leather, pleather, vinyl, etc, but I am sure the rear seat in mine feels the same as the fronts...    Very soft and supple..

I've actually sat back there on several occasions when being carted home after a night of... um... sipping on a few adult beverages..  :devil:

Maybe your back seat feels like leather because you were, um.... a little waisted? :jester:

But for real, they ALL have fake leather on the back seats including the back and sides of the front seats. A know someone who too has a SS and they say I'm nuts when I say this, they seem to think that its real leather all around.

THey are for sure vinyl back seats.. although nice vinyl,, still vinyl... Leather fronts.. but cheap leather at that.. The katskin conversion is super nice and give you all leather seating surface!!! :cheers:

I don't sit in the back either but thats not the point.

This discussion has been hashed over before... typical GM cost cutting measures... doesn't really bother me... the front seats are very poor quality leather.... when the time comes I'm having a custom interior done, so who cares... its a seat ain't it?

Also, $43k sticker??? Where in the hell did you see that??? I hope you didn't pay near that amount for it :uhoh:

No I didn't pay that but, that doesn't change the fact that the sticker was 42,990. I got mine for 33,221. The leather up front is not good quality but I just think its even worse that its not leather at all in the back for what they want for these things. Time to go to an aftermarket shop and get it redone in leather. I'm gone to have my armrest and headrest recovered to. Also gone to see if they can put the SS logo in the back to.

Archived