Its not a matter of if, but by how much

LVooop

A guy that works with me talks like his four wheel drive 2004 5.3 silverado can pull on my SS. I know he is full of it but I was just wondering if anybody has any clue on how bad I will beat him?

We both have magnaflow exhaust and thats it for performance mods. He also has 18" rims with some beefy Toyos.

Its all in good fun but I want to embarass him.

A guy that works with me talks like his four wheel drive 2004 5.3 silverado can pull on my SS.  I know he is full of it but I was just wondering if anybody has any clue on how bad I will beat him?

We both have magnaflow exhaust and thats it for performance mods.  He also has 18" rims with some beefy Toyos.

Its all in good fun but I want to embarass him.

Since hes sporting the same weight as you (4wd and Awd) you should beat him pretty good... I don't think you'll exactly murder him... but it won't be that close.

Just look at the quarter mile times:

Him: High-15s at best.

You: Low-15s, on average.

If he gets a jump on you, it may *seem* close, but as long as your even from the start...you'll be ahead by the end, and he'll have no chance of catching up.

Go get 'em! :driving:

- Brian

Well I think he knows how to drive but not sure. I have a completely stock truck, we raced going out of town on an old HWY so we had a lot of room, when I looked back he was atleast that far behind maybe he just gave up. never talked to him after we raced. :confused:

Well I think he knows how to drive but not sure. I have a completely stock truck, we raced going out of town on an old HWY so we had a lot of room, when I looked back he was atleast that far behind maybe he just gave up. never talked to him after we raced. :confused:

You sure its a VHO? Alot of people think a regular 1500 w/ the 5.3 and the appearance package (20's) is a VHO. Its not a VHO unless it has the LQ9 under the hood.

A stock 6.0 beating a lighter version of the same truck with the exact same engine by 4-5 truck lengths is complete :icon_bs:

He said it was a VHO maybe it isnt? How do you tell the diffrence?

"Vortec High Output" badges on the door, is "clue" but not definite (there are posers). Pop the hood and look for "Vortec 6000". Also full engine covers on the VHO, I think all 6.0 engines have a cover over each head, 5.3's have intake cover only. That is about the only way I know of, well besides running him and that has already been discussed in this thread :lol:

Archived