Well not the fastest truck in town anymore!

misterp

OK I'll bite.. Gimme details of the encounter!
Well nothing much to tell, by chance I parked across the lane from a spanking-new black SRT-10 :cool: in the walmart parking lot, this truck was just gorgeous. And BIG, man those are a lot longer and sit a lot taller than I expected. A lady was loading groceries and a little girl into the back seat of the truck, so I approached with a smile and a cheery "Hi, how long have you had your new truck?" She quickly spun halfway on her heel and shot back "It's not my truck, it's HIS truck" pointing to a guy walking out the store in ratty hole-in-one-knee blue jeans and white t-shirt and continued what she was doing. I started walking and had enough time to think 'man what the hell was her problem' as I reached the 'owner' halfway to the store; I greeted him with "Hey, that's a really nice new Dodge you've got there." Without breaking stride he replies 'Listen brother - if you don't mind, we're leaving..." I instantly thought Total F-ing Dick and lost my cool, stepped in front of him and said "YEAH I mind, there's no relation between you and me but Adam. I only wanted to ask how you liked your new truck; enjoy the rest of your Saturday afternoon - see you around..."

Gawd what's the problem with people these days? And this guy looked less like Grease and more like a plumber that just crawled out from under a house after chasing a fresh turd into the septic tank. I could picture in my mind the new Dodge parked next to a double-wide! But after I cooled off I thought better give them the benefit of the doubt, because you never know maybe they had just had a fight with each other... Either way that's no excuse to be nasty with others. So, there you have it, she's a common cow and he's a common a-hole. Rude f-ckers, they both deserve each other. :seeya:

Is it just this board or what?

I have never been flipped of and told off etc when talking to other vehicles owners, no matter WHAT brand?!?!

Most of the guys where I live are nice guys, CAR guys...?

Theres the problem. Alot of SRT10 owners (IMO) aren't car guys... they're the type of guy who doesn't know sh!t about how to make something faster so they just go out and buy the fastest thing possible and assume their sh!t don't stink.

Yup, both of them were total posers in their own way. Definitely not 'automotive enthusiasts' by any stretch.

Some people just don't deserve the own nice vehicles if they can't even take a compliment.
True, true. Just simple proof there's just no buying "cool" or "class".

Mr. P. :)

I am not trying to start trouble, I think the guy could have handled it better then he did, but you just walked up to two strangers and have no idea what is going on with thier lives. She could have just told him she was screwing the pool boy for all you know. You might even look like the pool boy!! :jester:

All I am saying is dont judge someone until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

You might even look like the pool boy!! :jester: 

Well I *have* been told I look young for my age :jester:

I am not trying to start trouble, I think the guy could have handled it better then he did, but you just walked up to two strangers and have no idea what is going on with thier lives. ...  All I am saying is dont judge someone until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

You're no trouble :thumbs:. Any conclusions I drew about these folks were *after* our encounter I assure you, those being that they both acted very rudely and were not socially elegant at all; in hindsight IMO they were probably not car buffs.

The focus was never the SRT-10, the focus was the people. You are so right that there are rude people in all walks of life and makes of vehicle. Life is full of little tests (of character); and I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've certainly failed my share as well.

You might even look like the pool boy!! :jester: 

Well I *have* been told I look young for my age :jester:

I am not trying to start trouble, I think the guy could have handled it better then he did, but you just walked up to two strangers and have no idea what is going on with thier lives. ...  All I am saying is dont judge someone until you have walked a mile in his shoes.

You're no trouble :thumbs:. Any conclusions I drew about these folks were *after* our encounter I assure you, those being that they both acted very rudely and were not socially elegant at all; in hindsight IMO they were probably not car buffs.

The focus was never the SRT-10, the focus was the people. You are so right that there are rude people in all walks of life and makes of vehicle. Life is full of little tests (of character); and I'm not saying I'm perfect, I've certainly failed my share as well.

I agree they sounded like AHoles. Alot of people are like that unfortunately. :cheers:

All humanity is not for naught. After reading your thread I needed a drink (not really but for the theatrics of it). Went to the local Circle K here in Sierra Vista, AZ next to the Home of Army Intelligence (FT Huachuca). As I was coming out, a "tricked-out" Yukon Denali pulls up and made eye-contact with first the truck and than me. I thought back to what you said and thought "here we go." He actually complimented the truck. Saying it was "badass" and I had to mention that I was a member of SilveradoSS.com and thought Denali were pretty cool too. He wanted an SS but than mentioned that his family had gotten a little big with a set of Twin boys on the way (which makes Five) for this man of five foot nothing-. So all humanity is not for naught. Hopefully, he will at least teach his boys that nice rides should be complimented not revered as the almighty.

Archived