amps

:banghead: i have the jl audio stealth box in my sss just installed it today its powered by a kenwood kac-7202 amp i picked up at best buy. i have never really had a big bass system so i am not really sure how loud it should be but it sounds to me like when i crank it up it sound like the sub is bottoming out or something it is not real deep crisp bass. i know i have everything installed right i have gone over it numerous times step by step. could this just be because of mix matching sub and amp brands or kenwood a crappy amp any help would be appreciated.

I would think you dont want to run that sub bridged if its putting out 460W, isnt 300w the most RMS for that sub. Sounds like you are overpowering it and its causing it to clip and distort. Try running it with less watts and see what happens. Sound to me you just have to much going to it. Either that or turn the gain way down if your going to run at 460W RMS

your amps specs are(150 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (230 watts x 2 at 2 ohms) 460 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4 ohm stable in bridged mode) , the sleath box woofer is a w3vd2 so it stable at 4ohms mono.so as long as you have your sub wired to a mono setup that should be ok, if that is all good its how the level/gain is set.

Archived