My A/C SUCKS

zoopete

Dose any one have the same problem. When I come to a stop or am in town my A/C blows hot air, and as soon as I start moveing again the A/C works ok. I brought it to the dealer the first time they said it was low on 134A. I am going back on friday, lets see what they tell me now. Just wondering if this was a normal problem with the SS thanks :confused:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know about anyone else, but I have had big problems with mine...

When I would come to a stop, the engine RPM's at idle would drop down to about 300...and I could turn the A/C off, and the truck would shoot right back to normal idle. When I took it to the Chevy dealership the first time, they hooked it up to the A/C machine and told me there were no problems. The second time, they could not replicate the problem. The third time they replaced the fan clutch. The fourth time, they could not get it to replicate. I has not done it in a week (the last time I took it in), but I have gotten rather PISSED OFF at the 'failed to replicate' statement that I keep getting from the service manager. When I ask them what they checked, all they tell me is that they drove the truck. No checks for codes, no checking the pressure on the compressor, nothing.....

:banghead::banghead: Man that sucks!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hate you have to go through that. I had trouble with my A/C. Not in the SS though. It was in my 04 2500HD Duramax Diesel, when I would come to a stop it would blow out pure white air almost like snow powder. I took it to the dealership and they replaced the compressor once..... twice.... three times and still no cigar. So I just traded it for the SS and have had no problems with this one. :uhoh:

I don't know about anyone else, but I have had big problems with mine...

When I would come to a stop, the engine RPM's at idle would drop down to about 300...and I could turn the A/C off, and the truck would shoot right back to normal idle.  When I took it to the Chevy dealership the first time, they hooked it up to the A/C machine and told me there were no problems.  The second time, they could not replicate the problem.  The third time they replaced the fan clutch.  The fourth time, they could not get it to replicate.  I has not done it in a week (the last time I took it in), but I have gotten rather PISSED OFF at the 'failed to replicate' statement that I keep getting from the service manager.  When I ask them what they checked, all they tell me is that they drove the truck.  No checks for codes, no checking the pressure on the compressor, nothing.....

Dose any one have the same problem. When I come to a stop or am in town my A/C blows hot air, and as soon as I start moveing again the A/C works ok. I brought it to the dealer the first time they said it was low on 134A. I am going back on friday, lets see what they tell me now. Just wondering if this was a normal problem with the SS  thanks  :confused:

I have the same problems. Havent taken it to the dealer yet. My problem is I live in LAS VEGAS its 120 Degrees here. As soon as someone comes up with a fix please help.

Interesting that you guys would post this today, as I have noticed mine doing this more often recently. I'm reluctant to take mine to the dealer as I have just recently installed a radix and fear that they will try and pass the blame onto it in some way. I also expect the usual run around of not being able to reproduce the problem, and with my warranty up in 3K miles, that could pass really quicky.

Mine even stalled out today while at a stop light. Died completely, but started right back up. :dunno:

GM had this problem on the Suburbans and made a fan kit that bolted in front of the condenser to fix that problem (not enough air flow across it at idle). I will work onth the SS if you don't have any aftermarket accesories there already. That is partly why the went to electric fans.

I am no hateing on the SS, but I have had multiple problems with mine. Its like every time I turn around some thing eles is wrong. Last week I had to get anew Taillight one of the tabs was broken. I have no major problems just that Stupid A/C

Mine has been at the dealer all week and they still can not find the problem with the a/c. They though it was one thing so the replaced some parts and its still not working. The guy from the dealer called me last evening and said they have no clue what the problem is, said they never seen the problem before. He said he was going to try and have someone from GM come out and take a look at my truck today or tomorrow. Well see.

Maybe I can get them to buy it back so I can get a vette :)

Yeah, generally when you're running the SS with a mechanical fan, they lack airflow in REALLY hot weather to keep the condensor working effienciently. I've really noticed it with mine after going back to the mech-fan, after breaking my e-fan temp probe for a second time. (you'd think I'd learn....)

E-fans help a lot, but I know that's not a solution everyone will want to go with.

Funny as I sit here at work readin this post my SS is at the dealer for the same problem and the service writer said he has the same prob with his 05 tahoe. I will let you all know what they say. should be interesting.

Archived