My A/C SUCKS

zoopete

I had the same problems and had posted this in another thread but I'll throw it in here too to try and help out... here's the TSBs and the parts that need to be replaced my a/c has been great since this was done

TSBs are 03-01-39-007 and 02-01-38-007C and the parts are Expansion tube, pressure switch, orifice tube, and the accumulator. Hope this helps good luck. I have part #'s also if you need them.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GM had this problem on the Suburbans and made a fan kit that bolted in front of the condenser to fix that problem (not enough air flow across it at idle). I will work onth the SS if you don't have any aftermarket accesories there already. That is partly why the went to <a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=electric%20fans" onmouseover="window.status='<a  style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=31&k=electric%20fans" onmouseover="window.status='electric fans'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">electric fans</a>'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">electric fans</a>.

Can you post the TSB with the part number for this add-on fan? I think I can use it on another project.

Mr. P. :)

Bulletin No.: 01-01-39-004A

Date: December, 2002

TECHNICAL

Subject:

A/C Not Cold Enough, A/C Blows Warm Air with Vehicle at Extended Idle (Install Auxiliary Electric Coolant Fan)

Models:

2002-2003 Cadillac Escalade

2000-2003 Chevrolet Suburban, Tahoe

2000-2003 GMC Yukon, Yukon XL

with 6.0L Engine (VINs U, N - RPOs LQ4, LQ9)

This bulletin is being revised to add 2003 model year information and 2003 model year installation instructions. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 01-01-39-004 (Section 01 - HVAC).

Condition

Some customers may comment that the A/C stops cooling and blows warm air when the vehicle is idling for an extended period of time such as sitting in traffic.

Cause

Inadequate airflow over the condenser may cause this condition.

Parts Information15717423 Fan kit, 88880045 harness kit.

Warranty Information

For vehicles repaired under warranty, use the table.

Disclaimer

© 2005 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved.

I have an 05 model and having the same type of problem but there is no excuse on airflow during idle cuz i got e-fans but what i've noticed is that itt seems like its leeking refrigerant very little at a time cuz i've charged it probably 5 days after i got the truck cuz it was blowing warm so i charged it and lasted about twoo weeks and again its blowing hot so off to the f-en dealer it goes and they better not give me any shit cuz ill leave off driving a new one. :driving:

This is how sad my dealership is.....

I went out today because I had not heard anything about my parts coming in. I ask the service writer, and he says that the parts are not yet in, and doesn't expect them in until Thursday/Friday at the earliest. He gave me a 'the computer in the parts departent crashed, and screwed up all the orders' excuse.

Does anyone know how long it SHOULD take a dealer to get a compressor, drier, and oriface tube? I don't see why it should take so long when the parts were ordered on the 23rd of July.

This is how sad my dealership is.....

I went out today because I had not heard anything about my parts coming in.  I ask the service writer, and he says that the parts are not yet in, and doesn't expect them in until Thursday/Friday at the earliest.  He gave me a 'the computer in the parts departent crashed, and screwed up all the orders' excuse.

Does anyone know how long it SHOULD take a dealer to get a compressor, drier, and oriface tube?  I don't see why it should take so long when the parts were ordered on the 23rd of July.

Since this summer has been warmer all across the country,

you could be looking at a parts backorder problem. GM always seems to have this problem about this time every year. They just took 2 weeks off to retool for the new model year cars, but they seem to have a lot of parts backorders as well. I can't explain it, other than it seems to occur every year about this time :dunno:

If the parts are available and no computer crashes or screwups, you should be able to get parts in a couple days.

I thought they had already gotten you taken care of :mad:

Nope, they told me they would order the parts, and when they came in, they would call....I waited a week, and decided I would go out face to face!

The last time I posted about the parts, that is when they were ordered, (1 1/2 weeks ago, and it sounds like it is going to be another week). Hell, I might even have A/C by the time the Indy Meet comes around.... :mad:

Maybe I should take my truck in again (4th time) to see what more they can do. I still do not know what they did with the a/c a couple weeks ago when they had it for 5 days, the said the replaced some parts and put a new fan clutch in, but they cant seem to tell me what those other parts were, and I never got a sheet telling me what they did because the person who takes care of that stuff was on vacation, at least thats what I was told.

When I'm on the highway the a/c is fine, but when I get below 30mph it starts getting worm and the air feels damp and has that damp smell that makes you sick to keep smelling.

• 2 weeks later...
:thumbs: Well I am glad to see that I was not the only person to have this problem. I got my truck back from the dealer today, they replaced the compresser part# 890223460 and the Recirc actuator Part no# 89018365, It seam to work fine but it is raining today so I will keep you guys posted to see if it is any better in the heat

Just wanted to add a update to this long topic. I got my SS back last night and the invoice says the replaced a actuator/motor, Electric air inlet (recirculation). I played around with the a/c last night and it is much better now, it was still blowing cold air while parked. The service guy at the dealer said the actuator had shorted out and never seen that happen before. He said the thing controls a little door that allows the air to flow through the coils to cool the air and wasn't working.

I hope this is the end of this headache!

Archived