Good way to clean engine compartment?

After all this talk I bought Simple Green and it worked great. It looks like new in there now. This is the first time I cleaned in my engine compartment in over 60K miles and it looks great. :thumbs:

Engine Coat by Meguiar's Detailer is what I use for my truck and the vehicles I do for the dealers I detail car for it dries to a dust resistent finish, its safe for all engine compartment surfaces and its non-sticky. Just apply with trigger sprayer and let stand until dry.

Having had to clean military vehicles for nearly 20 years (less now than before-I have troops that do that now). I have used Simple Green (industrial size) on all types of surfaces.

I once had an M113 armored personnel carrier with an oil sludge cup problem. It would overflow into the bottom hull of the vehicle and spray all over the enclosed engine compartment and bake in due to the heat. By the time field exercises were over nearly 1-2.5 inches of dust, sand and oil would be everywhere. We would use steam cleaners and Simple Green. Show room new. This was back in the day where soldiers felt a respect for their clean military vehicles as people do now (for the most part) with the civilian vehicles.

Although on military vehicles they are considerably more weather resistant than most vehicles we still took precautions inside of the passenger compartments due to the communications and computer systems we have now.

Bottomline: Simple Green is my vote. We get this stuff by the boxes of gallons. This is not an ARMY Endorsement. Just mine. :flag:

P.S. Redoctored my Sig is it better now (i.e. size-wise).

hey big o what do you use ion your dash besides armour all. i have the same problem, dust just sticks to everything!!! :confused:

I have just been using a damp rag .... or the industrial glass cleaner when I am cleaning the dash ... prolly not the best solution .... but it works for me.

Archived