Some Problems with my Procharger?

I have a D1SC on my truck right now and only have about 200 miles on it as is. Last night I was giving a buddy a test ride and there was a lack of power. Also, it seems to be running very loud. I popped the hood and noticed that right under the pully of the charger, there was some red oil/sealent/something. I'm not sure what it is or if it is even a problem.

DSC03298.jpg

This is my first supercharger vehicle and I am not sure exactly how to tell if I have belt slip or not. I would assume that I do because there is rubber dust just about everywhere the belt touched. Is this normal or do I need to switch over to some other type of belt to avoid this?

DSC03300.jpg

Since I was taking pics, I thought that I should take atleast one of the truck :cool:

DSC03301.jpg

I know that you guys know everything about these trucks, so any info is greatly appreciated. Thanks :driving:

I would call ATI about the oil. That may be normal. Also, if the belt only has 200 miles on it, then I would say that some dust in the first few hundred miles would be normal. It's kind of like a new tire. There is always stuff that comes off of them right after you put them on. If it continues, then maybe you're seeing some belt slip.

I talked to ATI today, and they said that they have no idea where the oil is coming from. Since it is red, they say that it is not theirs because they only use a dark green colored oil.

No I just have to figure out why the charger is so loud and not running up at full power. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Check if it is tranny fluid. I know it sounds odd, but maybe you have a leak and it is spraying on it. Smell the fluid and see if it smells like tranny, or gear oil. Like ATI said their oil is green. I just dont know where else RED oil would be coming from. Weird.

Wiz

I actually have the same looking oil in the same place you do. I have thousands of miles on my kit and no problems from the head unit thuse far.

I too called procharger and they said this was normal, and I left it at that.

I have found that I do infact have a problem with the head unit. At the end of each and every impeller blade, it is bent and chipped. I have no idea how this happened, but I now have to take the head unit off and send it back in for repair. :banghead: This sucks, I only have ~200 miles on the truck like this and now I have to take it all back apart. The only good news is that now I am going to have them change the pulley to a smaller one. I was hitting 8-9 # of boost with the 4", what size do you think I need to have a consistant 10-11#s?

Here's what the head unit looks like now.

DSC02528.jpg

I would be worried about where the rest of the blades are....Is procharger gonna fix your engine if those blades have scarred you cylinder walls? Thats the scary part.

yeah... umm, pulley would be the last thing id be worried aboot at this point

Archived