SSS vs Ram Hemi

DaJoker SS

:thumbs:  We are all sporting the love for our trucks, that's what makes this forum so strong.... :flag:

Its all good!! :flag:

nice to see you being productive on this site......I'll remember this when i'm on dodgetalk.....Just kidding man ;)

Wish i could get over by you for a race, but don't think your truck runs 14.3?

Brad

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
not a mopar guy, i've always had chevy's but watch out for the bone stock SRT-10 trucks.  Their real fast.  I've driven them at the track no mods they run 13.6x.  that is with an RT, not just a dealer glorified number.  Takes a bit of modification to have an sss run that

:wtf: Is this new news to you? This should not have even been brought up

I guess you learn something new everyday.  What kind of body configurations can yo get the vho in? I mean can you get that motor in a 2wd reg cab 1500, or is it even available in the 1500. I've only seen the 6.0 in the SS and in the 2500's?

In the half ton you can get it in the SS and the VHO which are both extended cabs. The VHO recently got rebadged as the vortec max which is available in extended cab and crewcab shortbed. There are no regular cabs. The 6.0 in the 2500 is not an LQ9 like what is found in the SS/VHO it is the LQ4 and is a lower compression engine making less power. GMC also has a VHO and the engine comes in most denali 1/2 tons.

:thumbs:  We are all sporting the love for our trucks, that's what makes this forum so strong.... :flag:

Its all good!! :flag:

nice to see you being productive on this site......I'll remember this when i'm on dodgetalk.....Just kidding man ;)

Wish i could get over by you for a race, but don't think your truck runs 14.3?

Brad

Yea i see you on dodgetalk from time to time....Come on over, actually my truck should be running some times like that within the next two months. And if not there are a few other hemi's running at least a 14.3....lol :crackup::driving:

I guess you learn something new everyday.  What kind of body configurations can yo get the vho in? I mean can you get that motor in a 2wd reg cab 1500, or is it even available in the 1500. I've only seen the 6.0 in the SS and in the 2500's?

In the half ton you can get it in the SS and the VHO which are both extended cabs. The VHO recently got rebadged as the vortec max which is available in extended cab and crewcab shortbed. There are no regular cabs. The 6.0 in the 2500 is not an LQ9 like what is found in the SS/VHO it is the LQ4 and is a lower compression engine making less power. GMC also has a VHO and the engine comes in most denali 1/2 tons.

Thanks for the info. :cheers:

HemiRamOn20's,  what kind of mods do you have planned to get your quad cab down to 14.3's??

Headers, Electric cutout, Superchips, "power wire", aem brute force intake, magnaflow y-pipe, and about 500lbs in weight reduction. That includes taking out the subs, fiberglass tonneau cover, tail gate, and dropping the spare tire. Then late down the road im going to do a electic fan and underdrive pulley. Right now i have everything except the headers, and cutout....but they will be on in another month or so....

I've seen this coming for some time now, and to tell you the truth I am disgusted. What makes the SS so special anymore? Besides body cladding which probably weighs more than a extended VHO what the hell is GM thinking. I mean it's great they are offering our engine in more trucks but to counter the "sport truck" market they needed to first come out with a new "sport truck." Our trucks are exactly like the rumble Bee hemi's now...The SS is now only a body cladding package...nothing special. :mad:

HemiRamOn20's,  what kind of mods do you have planned to get your quad cab down to 14.3's??

Headers, Electric cutout, Superchips, "power wire", aem brute force intake, magnaflow y-pipe, and about 500lbs in weight reduction. That includes taking out the subs, fiberglass tonneau cover, tail gate, and dropping the spare tire. Then late down the road im going to do a electic fan and underdrive pulley. Right now i have everything except the headers, and cutout....but they will be on in another month or so....

If you do all of that you'll be awful close to 13's. Definite 13's if you went to a lighter weight wheel.

If you do all of that you'll be awful close to 13's. Definite 13's if you went to a lighter weight wheel.

yea it should be.....plus i have a guy that knows his shit that lives like and hour from me and im going to start going to the track with him....so im going to see what black beauty will do. I cant mention his name but his truck is quick. It is kinda top secret. lol

yea it should be.....plus i have a guy that knows his shit that lives like and hour from me and im going to start going to the track with him....so im going to see what black beauty will do. I cant mention his name but his truck is quick. It is kinda top secret. lol

Do they have a jerking your stick smiley? That'd be a good one for being unable to mention his name. What is he in the CIA?

Do they have a jerking your stick smiley? That'd be a good one for being unable to mention his name. What is he in the CIA?

Is this what you were looking for......jerkit.gif

If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know!!! :jester:

Is this what you were looking for......jerkit.gif

If I can be of any more assistance, please let me know!!! :jester:

:crackup:

Archived