brake light problem

2003ss

Hey all,

My 2003 SS has a problem with the rear brake lights. All fuses are good and third light on cab lights up but the rear brake lights will not. By the 3rd light working, I believe the brake switch is ok and also the brake relay. Tail lights, turn signals, hazards all work. Any Ideas on what the problem can be? Thanks,

Mike

Mike,

Have you checked the plastic connections under the bed/bumper. I have seen corosion form on terminals like those and keep the lights from coming on. Also, do you have any power at the trailer harness. The harness lighting from what I remember hooks up right there at the quick connect from the main trunk harness coming back from the cab. That might let you know that there is/is not power to there!

Thanks for the ideas IdriveGTP, I'll check for power at the quickconnect and check the connectors too.

taws04, I couldn't pull up the wiring diagram... I guess I have to have an account at that site to do that. Is the trailer wiring have a separate circuit from the brake lights? I seem to remember seeing a separate fuse for trailer wiring...

I'll let you all know what I find out...

Thanks,

Mike

Archived