The BEST MEXICAN restaraunt you know of?

misterp

I can't remember the names of the places, but it should not be hard to find since they are the only mexican restaraunts within 5K miles.

There's a place in Bahrain that has the absolute best mex food I've ever eating. Everytime I went there the place was packed with arabs. Only open from 5pm to 11pm but get there early and there's no problem getting a table.

The second place is the mexican restaraunts on Osan AB in Korea. Real hole in the wall right down to the cockroach on the walls, but the food was great.

The last time I was at these place was at least 10 years ago. now I just go to Chevy's unless someone in Northern Va can point me in the right direction. Looking for a good Chinese place too.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Papasitos is the best in my book, best fajitas you will ever eat, i know they have locations in Austin,San Antonio,Dallas and Houston not sure where else.

Papasito's is really good; that was a favorite lunch spot when I worked at Dell, we were in there at least every other week (Austin = 1-35 & 290). I agree they have probably the best fajitas in Texas, the rest of their menu is pretty good.

Mr. P. :)

If you're ever in or around the Des Moines, (the s's are silent) Iowa area I refer you to El Rodeo. Look up the address in a phone book or something. If you don't have much time to stop and wait an hour or so to get your food it's a great place. I usually get mine within 10-15mins of sitting down.

Now here's a topic I can get into! My favorite is Tijuana Flats, there are several locations in Florida (but it's not a big chain like Taco Bell, etc.). All the ingriedients they use always tasts so fresh, homemade tortilla chips, best queso I've ever had, and then there's the hot sauce bar: 20+ different kinds of hot sauces (and they are always changing and adding new ones), anything from mild and sweet to so hot that you have to sign a waiver (no kidding!) :eek::devil:

Dang, now I'm hungry.... :P

taco loco on hwy 92 plant city, fl little white trailer on the side of the road "like they say never judge a book by its cover" and also must bring translator if you want to be able to order something.

There is a mexican place in Old Town San Diego that is my favorite but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of it.  :banghead:

It is right near the O'Hungry's soup place where you can get yards of beer  :cheers:

If you're talking about the Old Town Mexican Cafe, there is a much better Mexican restaurant right around the corner, Casa De Bandini.

Papasito's is really good; that was a favorite lunch spot when I worked at Dell, we were in there at least every other week (Austin = 1-35 & 290).  I agree they have probably the best fajitas in Texas, the rest of their menu is pretty good.

Mr. P. :)

I live in Austin and i have to say if i dont eat at Papasitos at least once a week it just feels wrong :D Baby Acapulcos is also pretty decent

Las Margaritas-Marquet Square-San Antonio, Texas

Taqueria Arandas-SW Military Dr.-San Antonio, Texas

Taqueria Jalisco- 14th street-Kingsville, Texas

Tapatio #2- HWY 77 Northbound- Ricardo, Texas

I could go on and on and on.....

ohh, and yes, San Antonio has to be, NO, IT IS the best place for Mexican Food!

Archived