installation costs

Jonmalibuss

If I remember correctly (Because I just had a couple beers) I think I paid $250.00 for the McGaughy's Spindles, Shackles and Hangers and an alignment.

A friend of mine is a Tech at a Chevy Dealer, and he and another guy did it in 3 hours.(After hours)

If I remember correctly (Because I just had a couple beers) I think I pais $250.00 for the McGaughy's Spindles, Shackles and Hangers and an alignment.

A friend of mine is a Tech at a Chevy Dealer, and he and another guy did it in 3 hours.(After hours)

Thanks I was just checking to make sure I didn't screw myself today. I dropped an 05 suburban. Spindles for the front, 3" coils for the rear, shock extenders and then I had to modify the bracket for the stabilitrack in the rear to put the linkage back where it was stock so it doesn't act strange. This was for Gales son Colin, he asked me what he owed me and I was just gonna log the time as overtime so I wasn't sure off the top of my head what installs were going for so I told him $200. The job took me 3hrs but I wasn't in any rush either. I feel I made out pretty well! :thumbs:

The rear was more time consuming than the front Spindles on the SS.

The old hangers had to be cut off and the fuel tank had to be moved to get in behind it for the bolts on the drivers side Hanger.

Yeah i've been there done that! It's no fun The suburban was nice and very easy as far as the rear went, Remove the lower shock bolts remove the swaybar nut drop the rearend down far enough to pull the coils out, pull the bumpstops out. then in reverse install new coils and shorter bumpstops which are very nice Belltech has factory style bumpstops which are shorter instead of cutting them. The hardest part was figuring out how to deal with the stupidtrack oh wait I mean stabilitrack system.

485.00 :banghead:

Getting shops around here to even look at it was like pulling damn teeth. Everyone either uses their own kits or doesn't like to do bitch work! Lowering a truck isn't exactly hard, just a pain in the ass...I only got a 2/2 drop so I know I got screwed on the price, but I just wanted it done.

that included install and alignment.

I hope you guys got kissed first.....

LOL yeah they both got screwed, how could anyone pay more to have the kit installed than what it's worth?

Unfortuntaly, you get out of CA, and prices on that kind of crap goes up drastically. Shoot, a custom exhaust system here was going to cost me $550... That same setup would have been $150 in Fresno... :shakehead:

Uh......I'm in PA and paid $250.00.

My statement was meant as a generalization based on what I have read from people from all over the country, not meant as an all-encompassing statement. From my experiences and what I have read of others experiences, automotive labor and customization is a lot cheaper in CA, where there is a plentiful number of shops vs a good chunk of the rest of the nation.

IMO, if it was a 2/4, you still overpaid slightly.

I had 2 techs on it for 3 hours each and one more for 2 hours for the alignment for a total of 8 man hours. That works out to a little more than $30.00 hour.

The dealers standard labor rate is $70.00, so I feel it was fair.

I had 2 techs on it for 3 hours each and one more for 2 hours for the alignment for a total of 8 man hours. That works out to a little more than $30.00 hour.

The dealers standard labor rate is $70.00, so I feel it was fair.

In that case, you raped them :cool: Forgot that you had alignment in with that $250.

Archived