2/2 drop

SS_bnoon_SS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You dont have any pics of your truck with the 2inch drop shackels for the back and just the stock front torsion bars lowered do you i'd like to try it on mine.and also are yo running stock shocks

I can try to take a pic over lunch in my driveway in a similar position to this pic to try to give you a before/after:

ss1_small.jpg

LOOKS GOOD.  I am doing the same thing to mine tomorrow night.  I just hope I can get at least 1.6" out of the front.  I know Ill want lower, but I just cant spend the dough right now.

Yeah, I want mine lower still too, but this was just the first step. Phase II (if I ever go through with it) will be 2" blocks in the rear and 2" spindles in front to get the wheels right at the tops of the wheel openings.

LOOKS GOOD.  I am doing the same thing to mine tomorrow night.  I just hope I can get at least 1.6" out of the front.  I know Ill want lower, but I just cant spend the dough right now.

Yeah, I want mine lower still too, but this was just the first step. Phase II (if I ever go through with it) will be 2" blocks in the rear and 2" spindles in front to get the wheels right at the tops of the wheel openings.

Blocks??? :confused: are you sure about this??? Why would you wanna lift it back up :confused: You will need hangers.

Blocks??? :confused: are you sure about this??? Why would you wanna lift it back up :confused: You will need hangers.

The rear end sits on top of the leaf springs. The blocks go between the axle and springs lowering the rear end of the truck. In a 4X4 off-road configuration the blocks would be used to raise the truck IF the axle is on the bottom side of the leaf springs.

At this point though, it's purely speculation anyway of what's going to happen down the road. I want to go faster first, turn better second (sways, tires, and shocks) so more drop is going to have to wait a while. I've even taken a look at the newer C-notch four link air bag system that offers really good performance and up to 6" drop. 4 link's are sweet! :cool:

The rear end sits on top of the leaf springs. The blocks go between the axle and springs lowering the rear end of the truck. In a 4X4 off-road configuration the blocks would be used to raise the truck IF the axle is on the bottom side of the leaf springs.

If your talking about an SS you better actually get under it and look again because blocks will lift the SS unless you do a flip kit but then you would have to cut the inner fenders out of the front to make the front low enough to sit level and with AWD you don't really wanna go much lower than 3" in the front other wise your half shafts will begin to bind and wear out.

If your talking about an SS you better actually get under it and look again because blocks will lift the SS unless you do a flip kit but then you would have to cut the inner fenders out of the front to make the front low enough to sit level and with AWD you don't really wanna go much lower than 3" in the front other wise your half shafts will begin to bind and wear out.

Ahhhhh, you're right. I would have sworn the axle was on top. Oops! :crazy: I will need the flip kit.

Thanks for the heads up on the front axle wear. I can still run the two inch spindles and raise the torsion bars back up to be a 3" drop, so that's still safe for the future. :cool:

Archived