What The.... Why??

From what i read, some people's temps get around 180-190 when towing or whatever... Well I've noticed lately that my temps have been 160 at start up and idle, but after 5 min of driving, my temp soars to ABOVE 185 constantly!!! I dont even run it hard and it'll soar up there! And I live in ALASKA! ok yeah its not that cold right now.. but at 54 degree weather, i never expected to see it hit 210, which it did a while ago... I get it serviced oil, lube blah blah every 3 months... so.... i dunno... any suggestions? :banghead:

well, there was this one time i jammed and it didnt shift and pinned it at 6000 rpm... i was told it does that some times... and lately, it seems like the tranny/motor sounds as if its working a bit harder... i dont know how to explain it.. i guess it sounds a bit louder when just accellerating a little bit.... :dunno: help?

I agree with others, it's gotta be (at least in part) a bad sending unit. At cold start, the tranny fluid is going to be at ambient temperature, so if the gauge is saying otherwise, then there's your problem.

From what i read, some people's temps get around 180-190 when towing or whatever... Well I've noticed lately that my temps have been 160 at start up and idle, but after 5 min of driving, my temp soars to ABOVE 185 constantly!!! I dont even run it hard and it'll soar up there! And I live in ALASKA! ok yeah its not that cold right now.. but at 54 degree weather, i never expected to see it hit 210, which it did a while ago... I get it serviced oil, lube blah blah every 3 months... so.... i dunno... any suggestions? :banghead:

Mine is, and has always been, consistently at the line right before 210 since I've had it.

well i think thre is a mix up of what people are thinking about here or im the stupid one... i know my engine temp gauge has 210 on it but my trans only has what zippy said. i noticed that my truck was runing at 210 after like 5 min of driving, i think i will take it in this week coming up right after i talk to one of the guys that work there. It pays off to have a wife taht works for a dealership.

well i dont know the problem but i did run out to my truck to look at the gauges, the transmission on an 05 is 100-300 and the engine is 160-360 then after reffering to the manual. Normal temp for your tranny is 180-200 and engine should be around 210 all the time after warmed up. So either you 10 degrees to hot on your tranny or your running just fine depending on what gauge your looking at. I dont know about the couple years before me but the gauge on my tranny only has 100 200 and 300 hope thats helpful to somebody maybe not but o well

ok everyone im an idiot... i dont know which guage is which... all i know is that the temp of the one on the way bottom right that max's out at 260 is right is at 210 constantly... does that clear some things up? lol..

the one on the left, i have yet to monitor

im gonna go ahead and guess that the guage on the left is the tranny (100-300)

and the right is the engine (160-260)

so anyone mind tellin me which guage is which? :P

sorry about that.

Archived