Does anyone make billet "SS" letters?

SS_bnoon_SS

I thought GM used chromed ones on some of the newer SS's? :dunno: I am almost sure of it, someone here has posted this in the last few weeks, I remember they're damn expensive and you cannot find a small chrome set to replace the dash emblems.

Mr. P. :)

I thought GM used chromed ones on some of the newer SS's?  :dunno:  I am almost sure of it, someone here has posted this in the last few weeks, I remember they're damn expensive and you cannot find a small chrome set to replace the dash emblems.

Mr. P. :)

All I have seen have been rumors about chrome lettering, never any pics. Anyone have any more info on these?

O.K., found some on Ebay listing the genuine GM part number as well as a picture of the chrome SS letters. Part number 15178666 for two sets of SS letters (that means four letters of "S")... to bad we need three sets including the ones on the tailgate... Oh well, gmpartsdirect.com has them for $36.96 PER SS! The ones on EBay are over $50 plus shipping already for two sets. Shopman1, come in Shopman1, we have a project for you, over... :smash:

Yeah... the guy selling them on Ebay got greedy. You used to be able to get them in sets of 3... then he changed it and sold them in pairs forcing you to pay more for a complete set and ending up w/ an extra set.

I suggest you go in with someone else and get 3 pairs that way you end up w/ 6 split 2 ways and no extras.

If you're interested I'll go in with you. Whats the price?

Yeah... the guy selling them on Ebay got greedy. You used to be able to get them in sets of 3... then he changed it and sold them in pairs forcing you to pay more for a complete set and ending up w/ an extra set.

I suggest you go in with someone else and get 3 pairs that way you end up w/ 6 split 2 ways and no extras.

If you're interested I'll go in with you. Whats the price?

I've got to many machinist friends made to pay that much for factory chrome letters. Are they actually metal, or are they chromed plastic like most cheap factory crap???

I should be able to get a set of three SS's made in billet aluminum for less than that... If I can't, I'll have to pony up I guess.

Archived