FREE MOD

6.0ss

For all of thos sick of bottoming out in the rear over medium sized bumps this is the cure.. at least if was for me with my 300 lb sub box and batteries in the bed

The Rear Bump Stops are connected to the frame of the truck by a U braket that can be removed.

Remove the two bolts on each side of the Bump stop and the braket comes out. Then you can remove the bump stop from the braket and rebolt it directly to the frame rail. This will buy you another 1.5 inches in clearance from the rear axel to the bump stop. I have not bottomed out since I removed the mounting brackets last weekend!!!!

:cheers:

For all of thos sick of bottoming out in the rear over medium sized bumps this is the cure.. at least if was for me with my 300 lb sub box and batteries in the bed

The Rear Bump Stops are connected to the frame of the truck  by a U braket  that can be removed.

Remove the two bolts on each side of the Bump stop and the braket comes out.  Then you can remove the bump stop from the braket and rebolt it directly to the frame rail.  This will buy you another 1.5 inches in clearance from the rear axel to the bump stop.  I have not bottomed out since I removed the mounting brackets last weekend!!!!

:cheers:

I did this a year ago when I installed my McGaughy's kit.

Archived