Titan Newsflash!!!!!!

SSplaytoy

Not exactly a newsflash, but you're right.  They don't believe that over on titantalk.com though.  I think the tundra could smoke it.

:withstupid: apparently on titantalk they are walking on SS's by two lengths bone stock :crackup: yeah ok :banghead:

:withstupid: Then they are very angry when they come over here and read these posts. Titan truck hype. I bet they can "walk" a lightning too. :crackup:

Well I just posted a post on the Titantalk .com website. I made it clear that I was not there to troll butto see what modifications these guys had to beat the SS. I am keeping an eye on it to see what they say. I think the loudtitan guy is full of it. But of course if you claim something against another vehicle, you should have something to stand behind it!!

I know we make sure of that here!!

:chevy:

just hope they dont bring a bunch of them over here to cause crap, that tends to get annoying. I just think some of these guys make up stories sometimes, although i'm sure a SSS has lost to one before somewhere i just dont get it, they were talking about how a 4.3 S10 gives them a good run :dunno:

just hope they dont bring a bunch of them over here to cause crap, that tends to get annoying.  I just think some of these guys make up stories sometimes, although i'm sure a SSS has lost to one before somewhere i just dont get it, they were talking about how a 4.3 S10 gives them a good run :dunno:

As an S-10 and Titan owner and long time lurker here (the post didn't bring me over here like you said), I was one of the ones that posted in that thread. Might as well put it back in context. I said a 5 speed 4.3 S-10 with bolt on's could give a Titan a good run. It would also give a stock Silverado SS a good run. Another S-10 owner with a 4.3 automatic and bolt-ons said he ran a 15.38 with it in the same thread.

That's faster than some of the SS quarter times I've seen here and it wasn't even a 5 speed, so I think the comparison is valid without being an insult to the Titan or SS. The S-10 had a big weight advantage.

As an S-10 and Titan owner and long time lurker here (the post didn't bring me over here like you said), I was one of the ones that posted in that thread. Might as well put it back in context. I said a 5 speed 4.3 S-10 with bolt on's could give a Titan a good run. It would also give a stock Silverado SS a good run. Another S-10 owner with a 4.3 automatic and bolt-ons said he ran a 15.38 with it in the same thread.

That's faster than some of the SS quarter times I've seen here and it wasn't even a 5 speed, so I think the comparison is valid without being an insult to the Titan or SS. The S-10 had a big weight advantage.

I haven't seen too many SSS run a 15.38 unless in an overly heated climate as the track condition. But I have seen some fast but heavly modified S10s. Almost any vehicle with mods can be something totally faster than in stock form. So saying something with "bolt-ons" can run with an SSS isn't a break through in the racing world.

I know it. It seemed like a surprise to Fox Forma though.

if i recall the guy who raced the s10 said it was red, had rims and maybe exhaust. I'm sure if an s10 was all beefed up you would be able to tell. So before you start getting on my ass about what i posted, you should go read the thread again. Even with a decent amount of bolt ons it still isnt that fast, i'm sure if there was some serious work done to the engine it would of been easily recognized.

Posted from there......

the 4.3 V6 is actually pretty stout motor, you can install intake, exhaust, headers, chip, gears and they run mid 15's all day, stock they run mid 16's to low 16's, good run though.

I had a '96 s10 reg cab with the 4.3 v6 Auto Trans 3.42 gears and Open Diff. Peformance mods were Hypercrap Programer, Single In Dual Out flowmaster, Hypertech Underdrive pulles, and drop in k&N Filter. The Best 1/4 mile was 15.38 @ 86mph. It was a fun truck and I even suprised a few older auto trans mustangs, never beat one but was only beat by about a finder. I've also heard that these little trucks respond very well to Nitrous.

A lot of bolt on's can change the way any vehicle responds, it just didnt seem like the lil s10 had anything that serious. Oh and TOK congrats on being a lurker around he and owning a S10 and a titan, more power to ya, i was just stating that in the past things get out of hand on who is faster between titans or SS's

Well everyone loves their choice of trucks, and emotion sometimes seems to get in the way of reason. I looked at the SS before I bought my Titan but I needed something capable of going off-road. Light duty offroad to get motorcycles back to the woods, but still a bit much for the SS I think. The regular Silverado was just too expensive for what you got, so I chose the Titan.

Is it fair to say that Nissan deserves credit since they haven't even made a sport version of the Titan yet, and it's running with the Rumble Bee's and SS's? Thats a cool thing in my book, and I'd say it no matter what company produced the truck.

Archived