Vortec MAX too??

Mervz

I say SS only, VHO and VortecMAX are the same - normal chevy with the LQ9.

Actually the VHO (04 & 05) is just like the SS except no cladding and is 2WD

Isn't it just a normal chevy with an LQ9 then?

Not trying to pick on your truck cause I like VHO, but now with the VortecMAX, it'll get too murky around here, and the VortecMAX has the same pull around here as the VHO.

How about SilveradoSS.com SS and Performance Truck Enthusiast Community?

I looked on the Chevy Website and the VHO seems to still be around, though I don't know if it will continue to get the VHO badging. There are packages called the Performance Edition (VHO) and the VortecMax Performance Pack. The Performance edition has the z60 high performance suspension of the SS and traction control, plus the VHO 20s, whereas the VortecMax has the Ride Control suspension and Autotrac (4x4), and 17s.

It also says that the Performance edition has the "heavy duty hydramatic transmission" (same as SS) whereas the VortecMax Performance pack has a "Super duty Transmission"

Additionally, the Performance Edition (VHO) is only availible as a ex. cab, whereas the VortecMax package can be either ex cab or crew.

In both cases, the 6.0 High Output engine has been named the VortecMax engine, but the Performance Edition, which is what my VHO was called on the spec sheet, is a performance truck in the ilk of the SS, and it seems that the VortecMax Performance Pack is inteneded to be a high powered hauler/trailerer.

As the domain name says "SilveradoSS". We are diluting the site even adding the VHO's even though they are a "Half Brother or Sister" of the SSS's. Maybe make a "Other GM Performance Trucks' sub-forum which would include the VHO, VortecMAX, or any other LQ9 truck, but the emphasis of the site would be Silverado SS's.

• 1 month later...
Maybe make a "Other GM Performance Trucks' sub-forum which would include the VHO, VortecMAX, or any other LQ9 truck, but the emphasis of the site would be Silverado SS's.

:withstupid::cheers:

The way I see it the vortec max will be in the 07 ss any ways. So maybe next year it maybe good to have a spot for the new ss motor? :dunno:

The vortec max is already in the SS. It is the exact same motor that has been in all SS's. It is the same engine as the VortecHighOutput. The lq9 has just been badged the VortecMax for advertising reasons. There are 2 distinctly different VortecMax labeled trucks. One is the current VHO and the other is a 4x4 tow vehicle with autoride suspension

Archived