I Just bought a 2006 "Vortec Max"

Testtube

Hello guys i just got back from the dealer 9-18-05 6:25 and put my money down on a Red 2006 Vortec Max Iam not sure if iam posting this is in the correct spot.

Iam pretty excited about picking up the truck tomarrow. If your not familiar with the truck It comes with the 20 inch rims. This one iam getting has Full leather seats And wheel. On star XM radio Sun Roof power windows door locks power folding mirrors. Dual heated seats (I live in florida Dont think ill need them :) ) Oh and of course the the 6.0L engine and improved suspension. Iam not new to the sports truck Market My previous vehicles where

2002 Ford Lightning

2003 Dodge Ram- Hemi

2005 Dodge Ram SRT10

I currently work for General Motors and it looks bad rolling into work everyday in a Dodge. So i thought it was time to break down and buy a Chevy. This will be my first ever GM Product. And hope i have some good luck with it.

Again Iam not sure if this is being posted in the right place feel free to move it. Once i pick it up from the dealer tomarrow ill grab some pictures of it

-Ryan

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're certainly welcome around here. I'm familier with the Vortec Max. The 20" wheel part though isn't standard on all Vortec Max trucks, but a nice improvement in the look for those with that option. Now you just need some pictures...

Its the extended cab. To my knowledge there are around 6 of these trucks in the state currently But i could be mistaken And two of them sold today from the dealers that had them. So they are going fast I could of sworn the 20 inch rims where standard on the truck I couldnt imagine the truck without them.

Thanks for the welcome and ill get some pictures together as soon as i can

Is there a standard gear ratio on this truck. I have been told 4.10 and 3.73? By another person. I forgot to look on the sticker/ Look under the truck

And is it true the truck can tow 10,200lbs? If so thats insaine

Its the extended cab. To my knowledge there are around 6 of these trucks in the state currently But i could be mistaken And two of them sold today from the dealers that had them. So they are going fast I could of sworn the 20 inch rims where standard on the truck I couldnt imagine the truck without them.

Thanks for the welcome and ill get some pictures together as soon as i can

Is there a standard gear ratio on this truck. I have been told 4.10 and 3.73? By another person. I forgot to look on the sticker/ Look under the truck

And is it true the truck can tow 10,200lbs? If so thats insaine

are these 20's like the ones on my VHO in my Sig Pic? or like SS wheels or even different than both?

They look very similar to the ones in your Sig. They may be the same rims. Is there a site with some additional Info about these trucks?

Iam going to have to say the coolest features are going to be the Sunroof and the XM radio along with Onstar. Now i have somone to talk to on those long drives :)

They look very similar to the ones in your Sig. They may be the same rims. Is there a site with some additional Info about these trucks?

Iam going to have to say the coolest features are going to be the Sunroof and the XM radio along with Onstar. Now i have somone to talk to on those long drives :)

I came to this site finding out info on my truck which is pretty similar to yours. Well you just ask the questions here and there are more then enough people here that know the answers. Welcome to the site :flag:

I have used my Onstar once and that was to find a local tire store to get 04Chase a new lugnut when we were at the track so we didn't spend a whole bunch of time searching. They pin pointed exactly where I was and gave me dirrections to the closest place we left and came back to the track in less than 10 min. :thumbs:

Archived