Might trade SSS for GTO

DaJoker SS

Im only 17 and i love my SSS but i heard everyone on this site saying they traded their SSS for the GTO. So i went to pontaic and took a look at it, and man it was so freaking nice. 400 hp, red leather seats, 6-speed transmission. Just the body and the hood scoops made me think really hard about trading the SSS. Hey there both made by GM.

it would be a worthy trade. i almost traded my SS in on a GTO, but bought the goat out right instead, and got to keep the SS.......albeit this will be short lived, as my wife doesnt want to drive the SS anymore as a daily driver, and i cant afford to keep them both and get the wife something new.

anyways, the SS is an extremely nice truck ( i honestly felt like i could cry when i was making for sale signs for it :cry::cry::cry: ) , but the GTO is a very solid car.

either way, you cant go wrong......keep the SS, and have the most beautiful truck on the roads, or trade in and get the mustang rippin GTO. :driving::driving:

PS i will own another SSS again someday :) too nice to not have one in my vehicle line up.

oh, just thought of this, but you may wanna check the insurance rates for the goat.  be ready for a slight increase in your charges.

If his truck is registered as an SS and not as a regualr silverado, his insurance premiums should be quite high, considering 17 year old. The goat will jump it even more fast car + male under 25 is not fun when paying insurance bills. But since he is 17 there is a high possibility that the vehicle is under his parents and he is listed as an occasional driver, thus his insurance will be considerably lower.

Dajokers SS i'd talk to your parents about it first, I'm assuming they are picking up the tab. SS is more practical, AWD, tow, haul stuff. GTO is basically performance. If you live where there are winters, I'd suggest you keep the awd truck, you'll appreciate it when the snow and ice hits.

oh, just thought of this, but you may wanna check the insurance rates for the goat.  be ready for a slight increase in your charges.

If his truck is registered as an SS and not as a regualr silverado, his insurance premiums should be quite high, considering 17 year old. The goat will jump it even more fast car + male under 25 is not fun when paying insurance bills. But since he is 17 there is a high possibility that the vehicle is under his parents and he is listed as an occasional driver, thus his insurance will be considerably lower.

Dajokers SS i'd talk to your parents about it first, I'm assuming they are picking up the tab. SS is more practical, AWD, tow, haul stuff. GTO is basically performance. If you live where there are winters, I'd suggest you keep the awd truck, you'll appreciate it when the snow and ice hits.

:withstupid:

I almost did this about 2 years ago when they first came out with the 5.7. I knew everything about them including they are from australia made by holden which is Gm the car is called a monaro and they have some pretty sick ones in australia....but then i decided...do i really want a car? Yes i want THAT car...but i need a truck at times too. Hauling my bike around and whatever else life throws at me...so i stuck with the truck. BUT now they have the 6.0 ls9 in them....idunno

Just wish the SS would have the LS9 shoved under the hood..mmmm

I say stick with the SS. If you want performance, then the GTO is a nice car, but you can't beat the SS. a performance truck is hard to come by. I don't really think of the SRT-10 or Ford Lightning as a TRUCK. They are 2 wheel drive single cab cars. A real truck can actually tow and haul. The SRT-10 CC is a different story and on another $$$ level. you can't beat the SS for the price and usability. Plus it looks bad @$$ :cool:

Archived