headlamps

packjh

I guess I won't have to worry about that, because I'll never go HID.

HIDs are nice but way too much for the difference you get and a waste of money IMO. $3-400 for some bright lights......let's just say there are better things to buy with that kind of money. It's just the "bling" of headlights.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess it's personal pref. I would much rather add a few hundred and get a set of headers. I'm more into building hp than blinding people. Silverstars are a significant improvement over stock, that's all I was looking for. As it is, about 30% of people I pass going the other way on the highway flick me their brights thinking I have mine on. I've almost been ran off the road by HIDs and believe they should be outlawed. They may help you see a lot better, but I also want the guy coming at me doing 70mph to be able to see where I'm at too.

I have to agree...once you go HID..you wont go back...yes..it is expensive..I paid $255 for the 8000K..for everything and it was plug and play. They burn alot cooler...they are a less wattage bulb and they last ALOT longer. And the light they put out you cant even compare to a regular halogen bulb. I dont even use my Hi's anymore b/c of the quality of light difference. Like I said..I'll never go back and my next vehicle will have them..if I have to do it again.

100_0339.jpg

I put Silverstars in the hi/low beams and did the Painless wiring hi-4 headlight conversion kit when my truck was brand new in 2003.

Still running the same bulbs, no problems. I love them. Everyone that I know who has them loves them, and if any have been replaced, it's been because they didn't wear gloves when installing them. I wore the cotton gloves that came with my jack to install them. You can also clean the bulbs with alcohol before putting them into the housing. This will help them last longer by reducing hot spots on the bulb glass caused by oils in your fingerprints.

I'd buy Silverstars again in a minute!

:cool:

Thanks...Yes it is the Street Scenes Grilles. They are the brushed style. I wanted billet, but I got tired of seeing them everywhere so I tried something different and now I like it more. They were about 250 for all, and I have the ones for my roll pan to just havent put them in for some reason... :dunno: Thanks for the compliment.

Archived