HPTuners, Where to buy

6.0ss

HPT has a new 2 Bar FI upgrade for 299 that gives tons of help with tuning the FI and NOS applications, But lots of people are saying to with EFI live, From the searches I have done. People are pretty mixed when choosing which one is better, but I like the idea of the flashscan tuning with EFI. I have not bought yet. But I am going to.

Some thing I have to consider is that HPT has lots of support here in the midwest with Zippy and I have a relationship set up with Allen Nelson as well who is using HPT.

Who is going to help me with EFI Live???

Joe

Some thing I have to consider is that HPT has lots of support here in the midwest with Zippy and I have a relationship set up with Allen Nelson as well who is using HPT. 

Joe

Do yourself a big favor and don’t let Allen touch your tune.

Zippy is by far a better tuner then Allen, I have first hand experience to even back that up. :banghead:

Joe

A lot of the guides and write-ups you may find regarding HPT can be applied to using EFI Live with just basic common sense. EFI Live's forums are fairly active and discuss a wide range of topics, just as you would see on HPTs site.

And if you really want to learn your sh!t, EFI101.com will be giving courses on LSx based engine tuning using EFI Live in the not-so-distant future. I'll find out the set date in a few weeks and post it up along with whatever other info I can get out of the owner. See if I can put together a group rate if I can get a few more people that would want to do it.

Zippy is by far a better tuner then Allen, I have first hand experience to even back that up.  :banghead:

I know this as well. Zippy made my truck so much faster is it was not even funny! I will be bouncing Ideas off of zippy as well as logged runs. Zip Runs HPT and has great success with it.

HPT has a new 2 Bar FI upgrade for 299 that gives tons of help with tuning the FI and NOS applications,  But lots of people are saying to with EFI live,  From the searches I have done.  People are pretty mixed when choosing which one is better, but I like the idea of the flashscan tuning with EFI.  I have not bought yet. But I am going to. 

Joe

EFILive comes with 2 bar tuning for free and also has an auto-tune fetcher that HPT doesnt have. As for where to get it and who will help you with it, I would go with Jesse @ Wait4meperfomance.com He is a great guy and a heck of a tuner.

I love how this has changed topics into that I should buy EFI Live and not HPT. Zippy is my tuner and He is using HPT. so in that regards it does not help me at all to get EFI live. I am going to make the plundge to buy HPT tomorrow!

Zippy is by far a better tuner then Allen, I have first hand experience to even back that up.  :banghead:

I know this as well. Zippy made my truck so much faster is it was not even funny! I will be bouncing Ideas off of zippy as well as logged runs. Zip Runs HPT and has great success with it.

I just have to chuckle reading this. I spent last Saturday afternoon with Zippy and feel like I have a whole new truck now from when I was running on my Nelson tune.

I'm not trying to badmouth anybody and I concede there's a definite advantage to a custom tune over any mail-order tune from anyone.

That being said, I am sorry if this amounts to vendor or administrator praise but nobody but Zippy is touching my programming from now on. :chevy:

I just have to chuckle reading this. I spent last Saturday afternoon with Zippy and feel like I have a whole new truck now from when I was running on my Nelson tune.

I'm not trying to badmouth anybody and I concede there's a definite advantage to a custom tune over any mail-order tune from anyone.

That being said, I am sorry if this amounts to vendor or administrator praise but nobody but Zippy is touching my programming from now on. :chevy:

A mail order tune can still be a custom tune. Nobody can mail you one that is the "best" for your truck without taking a ride in it themselves after the tune is loaded.

Most tuners out there do more business mail order than they have people close enough to drive to them.

A mail order tune can still be a custom tune.  Nobody can mail you one that is the "best" for your truck without taking a ride in it themselves after the tune is loaded.

Most tuners out there do more business mail order than they have people close enough to drive to them.

I think most mail order tunes can be attempts at custom tunes, based on the tuner's experience with similar or same mods on other vehicles. A lot of guesswork based not on your vehicle but past experience.

I think a true custom tune has to be done to and on your specific vehicle/combination so the tuner can see first hand the response of a particular vehicle to changes in tuning parameters.

It just seems that any two vehicles, even stock, are seldom the same. :P

Archived