WHY ME!!!!!

04CHASE

Don't have and answer for your "Points" question but I do have one for your "WHY ME!!!!" question.

I've been a cop for over 30 years and a 20mph over the maximum speed limit violator would even get my tired fat butt out of the car to write a citation and I HATE WRITING TRAFFIC TICKETS. :nono:

I'm with Ray.... I've been a cop now for almost 10 years. At 10 over, I don't bother you. At 15 over, you get my attention, and I'll start pulling you over. 20 over, is most definetly a ticket........ and last but not least, Crying gets you nowhere in my books. Just be honest, don't cry or well up. It only makes "You" look stupid........

Dang man, 15 and 20 over? Have you always driven this much over and been lucky or what?  :nopity:

We were discussing speeding at a family reunion one time... This is pretty much how it comes out from my two uncles and three cousins in law enforcement. "5 over and I can let it pass, 10 over is pushing it and probably get a quick ticket, 15 over gets a write up and a long wait while I check things out, 20 over and a license can be revoked, you also get a long story about how someone could be killed or has been killed on the same stretch of road going at those speeds, and you have to give a good reason why I shouldn't revoke your license right then and there before a final decision is made whether to impound the car or not!"

now that the day is almost over and some :cheers: i feel much better, the first statement pretty much sums it up, i do drive somewhat fast , maybe thats why the tanks runs dry so fast , oh well the supercharger is next. :devil:

sorry to hear, I have had a few 85 in a 65, the fine out in Ventura County was about $111 to $221 for 20 over.  I dont know about the inland empire.

Try to fight it if you think you have a chance.  If the officer does not show up then you will win.

At 112 i wouldnt stop to wait for the officer to give me a ticket. :)

good luck fighting it. LA county sucks ass when fighting tickets, they make you go to court to plead innocent. Then you have to pay the fine (bail amount) then you have to go back to court and go infront of the judge with the officer to fight for your money back...

Where as ventura county all you have to do is make an court appointment and they call the officer in for that day and you get it all done in one shot.

I to know your pain. When I was 16, I had a 88 Iroc Camaro, 350 carbed with the wroks done to it rebuilt weiand intake, brodix heads, lunita cam, It was meaner than hell, hurring to get out of school i went over the speed bumps slow ussually cause I had headers and they scraped, bam cop on my ass for doing 35 in a 15, Then I  was dumb enought to run I had the speedo barried @ 85 before I hit the end of the parking lot. I turned and it went into a slide and slid right around on me and a god damn bus blocked me off. Any ways thats how I lost my licnese a year and a half and got a $840 fine. Not to mention the cops called my dad and told him to come get my car. He tore my license up on the spot also.

:crackup: You and I had very similar HS years! :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Archived