Pontiac G6

Holty

This car caught my wifes eye, so we went to a dealer last night to look at them. Loaded, they are priced around $27k. I was wondering what you all thought of these cars, or if you have any experience. My wife currently has an 03' Hyundai Tiburon which SUCKS ! Well, she likes the car, but i hate it, and it does not go in the snow at all! I think GM has employee pricing through the end of september, so hopefully can get the car down to around $24k?

I have driven a few because I had to do prep for delivery they are nice cars, not the best, but better than others. It rides nice ,handle good, are quiet, and get good mileage. The GT with the autostick is fun to drive. It definatley a step up from a grand am.

They are definitely a step up from the Grand Am, far more refined. Good ride quality and quiet inside. The new GTP version (not supercharged I don't think) offers the extra 40 HP Mervz was talking about needing in his write up. I like em for the price

No super charger..yet... probably ever. The wind noise problem was on the 05 models with the regular sunroofs, not the big 4 panel roofs, it was cured by making the sunroof deflector a standard feature. Not all of them came with the deflector though and if the dealer didn't know it was added they wouldn't have put it on there. The 05's are the only ones that are being offered at employee prices, at this point you would probably be pretty lucky to find one. But they are a really nice car. I think the loaded GTs got a little too pricey, into the upper 28 range and that price in a Pontiac look at a GTP grand prix and get the super charger. Or for about 5K more your into bimmer country.

thanks guys, i've been trying to talk her into a BMW for awhile now. id like to find her a used sporty 2 door thats good in the snow, what are you guys recommending in the BMW line? or something new is cool too, same criteria, but must be under 25K or so.

If you're thinking of a BMW I would buy new, so you can get the free maintenence program. The downside to used BMWs (or most German cars for that matter) Is they are a high maintenence vehicle, and are expensive to maintain. I like the Grand Prix GTP. You get good fuel economy with good performance, and reliability. Just my .02.

Archived