Horsepower

Jerome

Alright, I know where horsepower comes from. But what I don't know is what Chevy did to our 6.0 liter SS engine different as compared to the 6.9 liter that they put in say a 3/4 ton pickup? Anybody?

You mean the 6.0 in the 3/4 ton trucks because there is no 6.9

The main difference is lower compression

Cam, head design, static compression ratio.

Minor changes in each of these can make BIG HP differences when you're dealing with 6 liters of displacement.

- Brian

the cam and heads are the same between the LQ4 and the LQ9.

i have the magazine (GM High Tech I beleive) at home that tells the the difference. The only difference is the cylinder heads, they have the same port and combustion chamber design as LS6 heads (ZO6 vette) but with a slightly larger cc combustion chamber, they are not the same as the LQ4. Everything else is the same.

Minor changes in each of these can make BIG HP differences when you're dealing with 6 liters of displacement.

- Brian

i have the magazine (GM High Tech I beleive) at home that tells the the difference. The only difference is the cylinder heads, they have the same port and combustion chamber design as LS6 heads (ZO6 vette) but with a slightly larger cc combustion chamber, they are not the same as the LQ4. Everything else is the same.

then I would quit reading that publication cause they are WRONG!!!

- Brian

:withstupid:

- Brian

:withstupid: Both LQ4 and LQ9 have the same part number on the heads and cam. They do however use different pistons.

- Brian

:withstupid: Both LQ4 and LQ9 have the same part number on the heads and cam. They do however use different pistons.

I'll have to find the magazine at my house, i remember it saying that the only differ between the LQ4 and LQ9 are the heads, I may be wrong but I bought it because it disected the Gen III engines and gave the specs for all the different versions.

Archived