Help With EFILive tranny Tuning

ocbc

ok, I changed only the shift times to what Deezel had posted, not much difference. a little better down low. The trans feels like its not engaging as fast down low. Comparing the two screen shots between me and him, it looks like he is running a higher line pressure. If my tranny was shifting hard to begin with, is this neccessarily what I want to do? Does the longer shift time make up for that?

I am going to try the upped pressure tomorrow, I wanna see how this thing drives for a bit.

Torque reduction - mine is about 15 to 20% of the stock value. I have a shift kit and larger trans cooler. I would leave at least this much if not a litle more until you build the trans up.

Shift times - my 2-3 and 3-4 are set to zero.

ocbc - post your force motor current table.

I checked the force motor currrent to a stock file. They were the same. So I think I am ok there. I drove the truck around today and the shifting did soften up alot.

I dont have the banging any more. I set the 1-2, 2-3 shift times the same as your table. I dont know if I want to set the 2-3 times to 0. It was shifting hard before and they were .2 down the bored.

Right now my max value for torque reduction is 5, which is the stock Radix tune. I might increase that and up the line pressures to match deezels to see how it reacts. I will keep chipping away at it. At least it is improved right now, the WOT downshifts are still rather rough. I try to avoid those.

Good to hear you are making progress. More torque reduction might help the 2-3 shift soften up.

The WOT downshifts can be pretty rough, especially dropping into 1st gear from 20+ mph. You might try using the downshift tq red tables to soften the downshifts. I notice that my stock file has zeroes in that table. Another way to help the downshifts is to adjust the part-throttle and WOT downshift tables. The WOT table is the highest speed that the downshift is allowed. The part throttle table is the speed below which the downshift will occur when that throttle position is reached.

OK, I have currently have my tranny settings set to exactly what DEEZEL posted. The truck is shifting good now somewhat.

At RANDOM, the 1-2, 2-3 part throttle shifts are a little "bangy". Also, when making a right turn at about 15-20mph followed by light acceleration the truck slams pretty hard into gear.

Anyone have more suggetions?

Again, thanks for all the help this far, it had greatly improved my problems.

First of all, I wouldn't expect you tranny to act like Deezel's. He has a shift and servos. Doing that will only allow your tranny to live a longer life, providing your shifts are not banging extremely hard all the time.

Play around with the tables to see how your tranny acts. I assure you, Deezel didn't just pop in someone else's settings and leave it at that before he was happy. Buy the pieces to build your tranny up internally and remove all of your tq mgt. It shifts beautifully after that. :thumbs:

I do not expect my tranny to act just like his. I am searching for information in order to start tweaking on my own. I have never messed with tranny tuning before and i want to learn what all the tables do and what others have had luck with before I start tweaking it myself. There isnt alot of tutorials or advice on the tranny tuning that I can find. So, the more I try from others, the more I will learn about my own. I do not want to tweak something I shouldnt and blow my tranny......

Anyways, I have the vette servo laying around which I am going to install this weekend maybe. Easy enough. The transgo kit is another thing. I am still looking for a good tranny shop in southern california that knows what the hell they are doing. Anyone have suggestions?

Again, thanks for all your help.

Ben, send your file to

[email protected]

when you have a chance. I appreciate it.

thanks

You might try increasing the shift time to soften the banging shifts at part throttle. Id say go up in increments of .05 to .1. I had to fiddle a lot with the 1-2 shift time to get it to 'feel' right. :crazy:

Also, as Ben mentioned, modifications made to the transmission affect how the tuning is set up. Even with a fully built transmission, I would not set the shifts up to bang so hard as to damage the powertrain. I guess what I mean is that nice firm shifts (as opposed to very hard) are probably the best for the life of the tranny. You can still set the WOT shifts to be neck-snapping the way zippy likes 'em. But keep the part throttle stuff a little more tame.

:cheers:

Archived