whos the youngest SSS owner in here

DaJoker SS

Touchy touchy in here. This is headed into the same direction as the last "youngest SS owner" topic. If i were a parent and had plenty of money for my kid to have a nice ride, i would help him get one, not fully but enough to get him by. You have to admit it is a safe auotmobile for a new driver like yourself.

Enjoy your SS. Oh, and i am 25 so count me out of the running. :banghead:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No need for debate. Yes, my parents did buy my truck, however my step-mom owns a car lot so we have access to auto-auctions, so I basically got my SS for nothing. However, I do buy my own mods, pay for insurance, and pay for gas. I know some kids who there parents will even pay for those expenses. But, if your parents were going to buy a vehicle, would you turn it down? I dont think so.

No I wouldn't turn it down you're right...but as a parent, I would hope they would want to teach their children the importance of working hard for what you have and not just give you things for free...

Even if I won the lottery I would never buy my kid a brand new car when he's 16 just becuase I can...I'd make him get off his ass and work for what he want's just like I had to. Now having the funds and rewarding my child is different. If my child graduates and gets a full ride scholarship to a great school for busting his ass in highschool, yeah I'd reward him...but never GIVE him one just for the hell of it. That's like buying love...great parenting skills :banghead:

I totally agree with you, however, I have 2 jobs and do anything that my dad tells me to. He would have never bought me the truck if i was lazy. My dad and I have a great relationship, im now going to school so I can someday take over his business. The truck was kinda a reward for me doing this. But I know kids who are like "dad I want a supercharger for my truck" and the dad would go out and buy it for him. If I did that my dad would tell me to "F" off, and I respect him for that. When I got my truck it is an 03 with 65,000 Miles on it, but in very good condition, so with my stepmoms dealer price and my trade in for my old truck, we got the SS for 15,000$.

I am 20, was 19 when I got my truck. It's not an SS because I couldn't afford one at the time. I pay for everything on my truck. I feel if your parents could afford it and want to buy you one, more power to you. My siter had her Camaro bought for here along with her old Acura. All my cars I have chosen to buy and pay for myself. When I had my 66 chevelle, I borowed the money for it from my parents, and then paid them off within the year. I now work 50-55 hrs. a week at a local machine shop and thats how I can afford mine. If I had kids, I wouldn't personally buy them a new car even if I had alot of money. I see the way my sister treats cars and takes care of them and she is like most people my age that get their cars given to them, thay do not appreciate it nearly as much as if they had to make the $400-$500 a month car payment.

On another note... for those who are making payments, how far along are you? I just made my 20th payment, so it's 1/3 mine now! :chevy:

The urge to trade it comes every once in a while... C6's are soooo tempting... but I love this truck and want to still own it in 20 years, when it can be considered a "classic". And I'm determined to have it look as good in 20 years as it does now. :)

You have to admit it is a safe auotmobile for a new driver like yourself.

Do you remember when you first got your license? I do. I'm rememberin' doin' donuts in the HS parking lot, with an 86 chev celebrity. Cruisin' the streets, racing (if you can call it that) up main street. Lets see 95 horsepower? Now, triple that, or in some cases multiply it by 5.

The other thing that comes to mind here is I bought this as my first NEW truck. I've owned lots of other junk. When I drove this thing off the lot, I felt as though I had the world by the a$$. 14 years after I started driving, I'm now able to afford this truck. Where do you go up from there at 16 or 17 years old? 2 years down the road, you're gonna trade up for a what, Corvette?

I'm sorry, I just don't agree with your folks. I guess that makes me 'uncool' or an 'old fogie'. But @ 30 years old, I pay for my stuff myself. I had to pay interest on my crap at the bank, but I still make the payments. The best part about it? I feel tired when I come home from working 12 - 14 hours, but I feel some self worth. That's worth alot.

Archived