whos the youngest SSS owner in here

DaJoker SS

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was 16 as well, we bought it in november of 03 and it has 12000 miles now... 10 thousand of those being mine... :)

two speeding tickets

one minor accident that scratched my bumper!!!

2 close calls!!! some lady was reversing and was not looking in her rear view mirror, im dead serious she was looking striaght forward and was reversing, thank god the ss has that loud manly horn lol... i cussed her out... lol

and the other one i was half a sleep and i ran a red and nearly hit a car :-\

Bought my HD Duramax when I was 24, I'm 25 now.

I busted my a$$ in college for 5 years (paying the way myself) to graduate with honors and get a good job. Proud to say that I make every payment myself, and nothing was given to me... :flag:

I drove some real gems in my day, and it really makes you appreciate a vehicle that nice. ;)

I was 19 when I bought the SS, and I paid it off last week. (I am 22 now)

I wish my parents would have bought me my truck, it would have saved me a bunch of money.

Damn boy, what do you do??!!!

I work for a company that makes medical supplies. Right now I am making about $19 an hour, and work between 60-70 hours a week. Time and a half after 40 hours and double time if I work on Sunday, which I usually do.

I guess I have to agree with everyone who says that they have to pay their own way. I am 24 and bought my first car in February of this year. I was allowed to "borrow" my father's 1980 Chevy Suburban when he thought my grades were good enough, or I had "earned" the opportunity to drive. I rode the bus to school all the way thrugh my senior year. Feel blessed that you have the ability to own such a fantastic vehicle, but don't forget that if your parents are helping you in any way, they had to work to get there. So if you want to return the favor to your own children, don't take thier help for granted and learn that a car as a gift is nice, but someone still has to be able to pay for it. No hate at all to those who got thiers from thier parents, good on you. I have a 16 mo. old son, and I know that my Silverado will be there for him to learn on, and that he can borrow it, when he earned that privalige, and he will also know that I expect him to buy, or pay for things of his own when the time comes. I just hope he does'nt choose a FORD!!!!

I have no problems with someones parents buying them a 40k+ vehical for them to drive,i wouldnt do it myself but if there parents have the means and dont mind throwing that kind of jack down then more power to them!

It's the ones that get these nice rides and treat them like a 2k beater car because they know if anything happens all they have to do is go ask daddy for another bank roll, there the ones that i have 0 respect for!

It's a whole different ball game when you are throwing 500+ dollars a month to payments for one and teaches you to take care of it because it's not like a pair of shoes that can just be replaced at the drop of a dime.

I guess I should feel old around here....I got my drivers license in 1975.

My sons 1st car was a $750 1989 Mercury Cougar "beater" I bought for him last year to "learn" in. After he got the bumps and scrapes out of his system... I upgraded him early this year to a much nicer ride...a black '02 Grand Am with rear spoiler, deep tint, etc. He pays his own insurance..etc. If he wants to upgrade again....he'll have to pay for it.

As a comparison...my brother in law bought his kids fairly average 1st cars even though he had the bucks to buy each of them a new vette.....until he lost a daughter in an accident.

When the youngest finally got old enough this year....she got about the biggest thing he could put her in...a brand new H2.

• 5 years later...

Just wondering how old you guys are and if thers any one younger than 17 in here that owns an SSS. To be exact i was 16 and about 250 days old when i got mine.

i was 14 when i bought my SSS my parents didnt pay a dime. they made me get a job, cosigned on the loan and told me if i missed a payment i had to sell it. im 18 now and the truck is paid for

i was 14 when i bought my SSS my parents didnt pay a dime. they made me get a job, cosigned on the loan and told me if i missed a payment i had to sell it. im 18 now and the truck is paid for

wow back from the dead. look at the date 9/2005.

Archived