need some help

with my '01 lightning i saw some valve float @ wot 1-2 shifts. i was also @ 10-11 lbs of boost. i realize that we're looking at totally different engines here but mine sounded alot like a woodpecker stuck on high speed. like i said, it only did it at the 1-2 shift and only at wot. that's the main reason i sold it to get the SSS. i didn't want to deal with serious engine troubles with 20k on the clock.

PS: sorry to everyone offended by a ford/chevy engine comparison. :chevy:

Again, sounds like audible knock. How did you verify it was valve float? Knock is also something you could possibly expect to see during high boost.

with my '01 lightning i saw some valve float @ wot 1-2 shifts. i was also @ 10-11 lbs of boost. i realize that we're looking at totally different engines here but mine sounded alot like a woodpecker stuck on high speed. like i said, it only did it at the 1-2 shift and only at wot. that's the main reason i sold it to get the SSS. i didn't want to deal with serious engine troubles with 20k on the clock.

PS: sorry to everyone offended by a ford/chevy engine comparison. :chevy:

Again, sounds like audible knock. How did you verify it was valve float? Knock is also something you could possibly expect to see during high boost.

:withstupid: This is what engine knock sounds like.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

i have a similar sound coming at wot when i am on it, i do have a modifid valvetrain and hp tuners isnt showing any kr when i would here it a couple times. how would i know if my valves were floating on hpt?

Archived