How do I disconnect the heated seats?

Lee

I've hit that damn heated seat button by accident once too often. Rachel also hit her passenger side button by accident this last weekend, too. Does anyone know how to disconnect those on/off buttons? Is there something as easy as a fuse or wires that I can disable? Thanks

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hit that damn heated seat button by accident once too often. Rachel also hit her passenger side button by accident this last weekend, too. Does anyone know how to disconnect those on/off buttons? Is there something as easy as a fuse or wires that I can disable? Thanks

Your lucky to live somewhere warm enough to consider doing that :)

I will see if a co-worker of mine can look it up tomorrow on the GM service site.

Thanks, Ken. :thumbs:

Your lucky to live somewhere warm enough to consider doing that

Yeah, MN. Phoenix does have a few advantages over other places I've lived like Phila, Detroit etc. Our 72 degree "winters" rank right at the top of that list. :D

Pulling the fuse sounds like a good idea to me or you could unplug the connector under the seat.

Thanks SInister and Matt. Disconnecting the wires under the seat is a great idea Sinister. I'll take a look this morning. :thumbs:

just learning not to hit the button sounds like a better idea to me

Not to me. That's why I asked the question. Thanks for the suggestion that I have better "hand management," though. Very helpful.

Edited by Lee (see edit history)

C325 is the connector for the driver's seat heaters. It's located under the seat near the middle, in between the cluster of motors. You can try unplugging it. Here are the pinouts in case you think you've found it:

A - BRN

B - BLK/RED

C - YEL

D - BLK

E - BLK/RED

F - BLK

I don't know if anything else is on that connector or not.

You can pull the 30amp SEAT circuit breaker, but you also disable your power and memory seat features. You can also disconnect the heated seat switch from the Driver Door Module which will also disable your memory seats, but not the power seats.

Lee, This connector is suppose to be under the drivers/ passenger seat. There is a little graphic showing the connector but I didn't have a way to upload. As you look into the connector with the round side down pin A is on the right. Hope this help without having to disable the power seats or memory. There is also a connector in the door that could be de-pinned to unhook the heaters and leave the other stuff working.

Heated Seat Element - Driver Cushion

Connector Part Information

2-Way M Metri-Pack 150 Series (LT GRN)

Pin A

Wire Color BRN

Circuit No. 2077

Function Heated Seat Cushion Element Supply Voltage

Pin B

Wire Color BLK

Circuit No. 2078

Function Heated Seat Cushion Element Control

There is a little graphic showing the connector but I didn't have a way to upload.

If you send the graphic to me via email, I would be glad to host it.

Sorry for the mixup I didn't read the complete article. I'll go back and look some more..

Thanks Dave, I have a host I just can't access FTP from work computer. They block with a proxy. :thumbs:

Edited by hatrack (see edit history)