Lowered it a little

slimsoftball

Lowered the truck a tad. I got about 2" all the way around. I shackles in the rear and BellTech keys in the front with a turn or two. It is nothing drastic, just enough to fill up the wheel wells a little. Ride is about the same as far as I can tell. Going to do some sway bars in the near future. Once I got a floor jack that worked, it only took me about an hour and a half total. Got it aligned today and am good to go.

I thought about not posting pics for a few days to keep with the current theme of pic teasing on the site :D

post-1686-1129593156_thumb.jpg

This is killing me ,I had a set of shackels on my work bench for a year and a half,got the truck and now they some how dissapeared ,guess i should haven't

told my wife all i need now are some spindles ........ :confused:

drop looks good :thumbs:

Lowered the truck a tad.  I got about 2" all the way around. I shackles in the rear and BellTech keys in the front with a turn or two.  It is nothing drastic, just enough to fill up the wheel wells a little.  Ride is about the same as far as I can tell.  Going to do some sway bars in the near future.  Once I got a floor jack that worked, it only took me about an hour and a half total.  Got it aligned today and am good to go.

I thought about not posting pics for a few days to keep with the current theme of pic teasing on the site  :D

Looks great. Are the BellTech keys needed to lower the front? I have read other threads in the forum that call for torrsion bar turning and removal of the bump stops. I am very interested in what exactly you did.

Lowered the truck a tad.  I got about 2" all the way around. I shackles in the rear and BellTech keys in the front with a turn or two.  It is nothing drastic, just enough to fill up the wheel wells a little.  Ride is about the same as far as I can tell.  Going to do some sway bars in the near future.  Once I got a floor jack that worked, it only took me about an hour and a half total.  Got it aligned today and am good to go.

I thought about not posting pics for a few days to keep with the current theme of pic teasing on the site  :D

Looks great. Are the BellTech keys needed to lower the front? I have read other threads in the forum that call for torrsion bar turning and removal of the bump stops. I am very interested in what exactly you did.

NO. Go to the how-to section, shows exactly how to do it! :cool::chevy:

Korey

That looks great, I'm planning to go the same route with mine eventually. I'm thinking of Belltech lowering keys in the front and shackles in the rear, along with removing the 2" lift blocks that came on mine from the factory. It shoud work out to be around a 3/4 which I'm hoping will look nice with some Gibbs 20's and Toyo Proxes 285/50R 20's.

Archived