LS1 Edit users

adams2003

I was trying to load a new tune tonight (from Brian, pcmforless) and I couldn't get a connection between my laptop and the pcm. Ive reprogrammed the pcm plenty of times, but its been several months since the last time I reprogrammed it. Everything seemed fine, the light turned on when I flipped the ignition switch. But when I hit connect it says there's no connection. WTF? Anybody have any suggestions?

I was trying to load a new tune tonight (from Brian, pcmforless) and I couldn't get a connection between my laptop and the pcm.  Ive reprogrammed the pcm plenty of times, but its been several months since the last time I reprogrammed it.  Everything seemed fine, the light turned on when I flipped the ignition switch.  But when I hit connect it says there's no connection.  WTF?  Anybody have any suggestions?

Are you using the same laptop? Are you using serial or usb connections

Not sure if its serial or usb?  Yes im using the same laptop.  Here's the connection im using.  Its the one at the bottom right of the page.

speartech

I'd guess that if it worked before and your hooking it up the same way that your lap top isn't seeing the cable. Try reading up on Edits install instructions for how to configure your ports.

Also I was looking for the type of connection made between your laptop and the Edit cable.

Not sure if its serial or usb?  Yes im using the same laptop.  Here's the connection im using.  Its the one at the bottom right of the page.

speartech

I'd guess that if it worked before and your hooking it up the same way that your lap top isn't seeing the cable. Try reading up on Edits install instructions for how to configure your ports.

Also I was looking for the type of connection made between your laptop and the Edit cable.

Here's some pics. :thumbs:

PIX__33.jpg

PIX__32.jpg

PIX__31.jpg

PIX__30.jpg

Ok, it looks like you've got a bench harness, edit cable, and a serial connection (DB9) to your PC. Here are some troubleshooting tips...

Make sure the PCM serial# matches your edit license (I know, seems obvious, but :confused: ).

Make sure your batteries are charged (PC and vehicle).

Disconnect both cables from the PCM so that only the bench harness is connected.

Check for good connection at the battery clips for the bench harness. :ughdance:

Check software port settings, as already mentioned.

Possible that recently installed software may be interfering? :dunno:

Turn off all unneccesary software, screen savers, virus checkers, etc. :thumbs:

Check all connectors and wires on harness, cable, and PCM. :uhoh:

Pin-check harness with ohmmeter. :tear:

Hopefully one of these might help your situation if you are still having trouble.

I use EFILive now. :cheers:

Do the lights on the edit cable box flash? The first light should flash on and off when power is supplied to the PCM. The first three lights will flash in patterns when the ignition switch is turned on as the PCM wakes up. Then they will stop and the power light will keep flashing. When the edit software attempts to connect, you should see tx/rx lights flash as the computers try to talk to each other.

On the software side, I assume you can open and edit a tune file on the PC. But when you try to use the ls1prog software it won't connect. Are you using the same version, or have you upgraded any of the edit software? I recall a couple of their updates had bugs, especially for the newer style PCMs in the 03+ like ours.

good luck :chevy:

• 2 months later...

Finally figured out the problem. Bad serial port on my laptop. Got a usb to serial adaptor yesterday and it worked. :banghead: It figures that I figured it out after I ordered and recieved my hptuners. :banghead: Although I do like the Hp Tuners alot better. :thumbs:

Archived