Need info...

novanet

Hey guys, does anyone know what size bolts I need to purchase to use with my harmonic balancer puller to remove my ASP pulley? The selection of 4 different sizes of stock bolts does not seem to fit the 3 holes in my pulley. As a matter of fact, they're all too large. Sure could use some info on the OD , thread and length needed... :banghead:

Hey guys, does anyone know what size bolts I need to purchase to use with my harmonic balancer puller to remove my ASP pulley? The selection of 4 different  sizes of stock bolts does not seem to fit the 3 holes in my pulley. As a matter of fact, they're all too large. Sure could use some info on the OD , thread and length needed... :banghead:

Not sure about the ASP pulley, but the stock one you don't use bolts. I would only assume that the ASP is the same. At least it was on my last truck. You need a 3-prong puller that has claw-like pullers, not bolt-in type.

Hey guys, does anyone know what size bolts I need to purchase to use with my harmonic balancer puller to remove my ASP pulley? The selection of 4 different  sizes of stock bolts does not seem to fit the 3 holes in my pulley. As a matter of fact, they're all too large. Sure could use some info on the OD , thread and length needed... :banghead:

Not sure about the ASP pulley, but the stock one you don't use bolts. I would only assume that the ASP is the same. At least it was on my last truck. You need a 3-prong puller that has claw-like pullers, not bolt-in type.

Thanks for the reply. I discovered this afternoon that I will need 3 bolts, size 5/16, 24 pitch, 2" to fit in the three threaded holes that are machined into my ASP harmonic balancer pulley. Amazing what you can learn if you call the manufacturer! (typical guy, I guess, as far as the whole "asking for directions" thing goes :D ) In any event, I'm hoping I won't have any trouble during the re-install , as I haven't been able to locate the recommended "longer than stock" bolt which everyone seems to mention...we shall see I guess...

Let me know if you have "issues" with the re-install. I fabbed up a threaded rod with washers welded to half of an old crank bolt in order to "walk" the pulley back on. I then finish up with the real crank bolt. I hate crank pulley changes! :mad: I will be willing to send it (home fabbed tool) to ya if you need it.

Archived