6.0 swap to 408 DYNO?

j4nash

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well we ran into a few small problems today but nothing we could not fix or handle. The motor is basically ready to go back in the truck it is still on the stand and all I have to do is put the oil pan back on in the morning and it is going back in the truck. we supported the tranny with a floor jack so we could move it up and down some to help with getting the motor in and out. Looks like I have a good part of a day ahead of me tomorrow since I have been basically doing most of the work myself with a little help hear and there. But I think Jon is going to be helping me more tomorrow so we can get things put back in faster. I have been taking my time and working slow but hopefully it will pay off when we get everything back together. I took a few pics today but they will have to wait.

Well we got the truck done on Friday. Everything is working great. Now i just need to put some miles on her and get her broke in. tomorrow I am going to change the oil since i have over 50 miles on it. Should have her broke in real good in a few more days.

Also the truck started right up. We did not forget anything started first try. Install went Farley smooth we had a few things that we had to work around but in the end it works. I defiantly would not even thing about not having a garage to do the swap in. it was so nice to have a lift and all the air tools, it made things go much easer then without them.

We had to modify the windage try so it would clear.

Had to get a few parts that I didn’t think I would need and could just swap over but once I was in there I just decided that I might as well do it right. Had to fix a line that was melt a little that went to my tranny cooler you can see the line in one of my pics it is the yellow line. Also we had to find some nuts and bolts around town to fit the 408 we because they were bigger then what comes on the 6.0. Basically just some little stuff nothing to serous. I wish I would have thought of putting a few washers before the windage try instead of modifying it to fit.

What's the specs on the heads?

You did use ARP bolts on everything, right? Did you go with head studs? Is the block an '04 or above block, or do you know?

And I forget is you said before, what CR were you shooting for? What did you end up with?

Archived