Mcgaugy's install...

easbaysav

Wow AWD i'm supprised I would remove the crossmember that goes over the top of your driveshaft if I were you. If you take a look under the truck you will see what I am talking about because your driveshaft may come in contact with it and that is a bad deal as i'm sure you can understand. When I had my 04 I removed the crossmember to gain more room for the side exit exhaust without building some funky bends. I noticed once I cut it out that it's not even a structural member because it is very very thin and is only there to provide a place on 2wd trucks for a carrier bearing.

I've read from a previous post that the halfshafts are durable(heavy duty). I checked it - and it does have some clearance. It would be nice to have it out of the way though... it would've been a lot smoother on the side exit (too late). The only way I see it coming close is if I really bottom out or hit a bump/dip real hard unexpectedly. Always cautious about that though, all the cars I've driven have been dropped. This is my first truck though, if there is anything else I should know, please tell me.

Thanks-

Eddie

• 4 weeks later...

Archived